anyone know how to get old analogue channels unscrambled??

lolz, all the better reason to sell em as good doorstops! lolz

everything alrite clive m8?

nah never touched them after that last one i did.

im kool, and urself? what are u playing with nowadays? coz i take it the beating vod is on everyones plate nowadays.

hi guys, pretty new to this forum but have been reading all 15 pages of this thread! yes all 15!! seems there is alot of interest in getting these old things back up and running untill the CC kill the analogue signals for good... anyway ive got 4 of these things over here, in one of them i found this 16f chip with a red clip adaptor attached to pin 1, tit appears to sit in the IPPV plug but this doesnt have an led on it., it does have one resonator under the pic and also a resistor. is this the resetter chip at all?

any help is appreciated..!

ps. im trying to upload the pic so everyone can see but i dont have attachments allowed on my account.

the one without the led is the tuner mate. the resetter is the one with the led, its used to clear the chip on the box and the tuner is used to pull the frequencies and store them.

v.hard to find a tuner nowadays.

Another poor soul that needs help!

Firstly,

Hello guys! I'm new here, but like a previous poster, I've read every page of the banter thats been going on between Clive and Andsif (I know thats not right, but hey!), and it seems like you guys are "the man" when it comes to modding these old boxes.

If you can enlighten me on a few things, then I would appreciate it!

Anyway, I've got a contact where I can get an almost unlimited supply of these old black looped boxes, so I have a couple. The boxes I've got have all the channels, but are mapped to a (wrong) frequency for my area.

I tried plugging in a box prior to doing any mods whatsoever, and that worked for about 10 mins. After that, its lost its free channels, so I assume that needs a resetter - this sounds like something that is beyond me, as I cannot find any details on where to get or buy one (without trying to borrow Clives!)

So, scratch box #1, onto box #2 ! I understand the cut pin #6, and solder the resistor on the other chip - thats clear. If I do this, then does this mean they cannot reset the box as they did within box #1 , and I keep the (not remapped) channels on the box ? If so, would it make sense to plug this in once, so the channels are mapped correctly, then do the mod (or am I risking a repeat of box #1 ?)

I will be forever indebited to anyone who can help answer any of this!

Keep up the good work! :Cheers:

Alwyn

An Apology to nawabasif!

Re: Last Post

Thought I'd better get your name right nawabasif!!! If I'm asking for help, I'd better give you the credit you deserve, and not some other random name!

Alwyn

Thanks Again! :Cheers:

alwynrm said:
Re: Last Post
Thought I'd better get your name right nawabasif!!! If I'm asking for help, I'd better give you the credit you deserve, and not some other random name!
Alwyn
Thanks Again! :Cheers:

the hardest part is getting a working dump for your area m8 {just program the chip marked in red and do the bullitt mod---job done

Last edited:
Thanks Benny59!!!!

Makes sense, although the units I've got do give me some channels (I think 30 in all), but some are definately still scrambled (I imagine the wrong region code).

Are you saying that if I get an eprom programmer, a hex dump of the right region and a replacement chip for the one in the red box, that I should be able to do it ?

Is this right? If so, can all the stuff be brought from Maplins, etc ?

Thanks!!! Sorry for being a pain in the ass, and asking simple questions !!!! Hopefully someone else can read this thread and make some sense of what I'm trying to get at !!!

;)

@nawabasif
thanks for the quick reply, so now i know that i have a tuner can i use this to get all the channels back in the box?

or would i still need to remap the 8 leg pic on the right hand side using a resetter?

and secondly ive opened up one of these boxes and notices the following (see picture)

the first leg of the 8 leg pic has been cut off for god knows what reason?
DSCF2038.JPG

heres the pics of the tuner chip i found rattling inside the cable box.
DSCF2031.JPG

DSCF2039.JPG

Any ideas?

Hello again everyone

Guys,

Although I've not got any further with my question ;) I've found a website that appears to provide some more information on all of this, along with the chips themselves (and details on how to make a resetter?), although if someone more expert can decypher what its saying, that would probably help!

Anyway, check it out....

www.cablechips.users.50megs.com

Thanks,

Alwyn

A different solution?

Guys,

I've got an idea for a different solution...

What about rather than going to loads of trouble - why can't you take your box around to someone's house who has all the channels (in your area), which then remaps the device, then run the bullet mod to stop it being updated?

Wouldnt that do the trick without going to all this trouble ?

(go on! Shoot me down in flames for such a silly idea!)

Alwyn

hahaha, its the cable box that activates the channels m8 {its "not" the cable feed at someone elses house}

get yourself a programer for the 93c66 eeprom inside the box {and program it with a working dump from your area}

"you dont need a resetter or tuner chip"

Thanks Benny

Thanks Benny!

That sounds almost too good to be true!

I'm a bit confused why this thread is so long, with other folks going on about resetters, tuners, etc, when it sounds that simple!

I'll follow your advice, and see what happens!!!

Thanks again,

Alwyn

benny59 and spectre know what they are talking about alwynrm, If they say something then you can pretty much take it as gospel.
I was just offering an alternative with the resetter if you can't find the dump for your chips.
Clive.

i think a lot of other people in this thread were confused aswell m8

{some area's have diffrent names for these gadgets but they basicly do the same job}---program the 93c66 eeprom on a s/a

and to think i went thru all that trouble! lolz

lets get him clive!! hehehe

nawabasif said:
and to think i went thru all that trouble! lolz
lets get him clive!! hehehe

its and easy alternative m8, {i never said it was the best method}--------the box will most proberbly reset itself after a day {and the eep will need programing again}

do the mod below if you want a permanent fix

Last edited:
Back