Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

i got the vu solo2se mini, and tried the very latest vix image build 32, box would just get stuck on vix logo loading, with network , sat feed inserted , without them it booted fine, i was trying to brick it so could try the recovery, but cant seem to brick it lol,

then updated UPDADE TOOLS_20140905 and image boots fine now with feed and network connected

also tried flashing bootloader via com and it flashed fine , really wanted it to go blank so could see it working , i wonder what they have to stop it, as it didnt have UPDADE TOOLS_20140905 before

i got the vu solo2se mini, and tried the very latest vix image build 32, box would just get stuck on vix logo loading, with network , sat feed inserted , without them it booted fine, i was trying to brick it so could try the recovery, but cant seem to brick it lol,

then updated UPDADE TOOLS_20140905 and image boots fine now with feed and network connected

also tried flashing bootloader via com and it flashed fine , really wanted it to go blank so could see it working , i wonder what they have to stop it, as it didnt have UPDADE TOOLS_20140905 before

so u mean solo se is hard to get bricked so better than solo2 (normal), whats is bootloader u flash it (the file?)? was it via serial com bbs? did u done updated from v3 to v4 without problem? is new comming solo2 se is v3 from manufacture?

so u mean solo se is hard to get bricked so better than solo2 (normal), whats is bootloader u flash it (the file?)? was it via serial com bbs? did u done updated from v3 to v4 without problem? is new comming solo2 se is v3 from manufacture?

wow alot of questions, probably had v3, but i went ahead and flashed latest official build vix, it didnt brick, would get stuck on boot if sat feed, network connected, but loaded fine with without them, so no idea what it came with

updated to v4 and booted up fine, wanted it to get bricked so could try the com port recovery

i had a go trying flash bootloader via com port and went through fine, but i noticed i couldnt flash image from there site anymore, would go through flashing usb led flicker, but noting, but when trying latest build official vix it flashed fine, then after i could use images from vu-hd site,

hope that helped lol

Last edited:

How to get the bootloader flashing tools for vu solo2se mini, it still does not exist for download on VU-HD site.

@lombard I read somewhere else bricking didn't occur until a few days later so you could try leaving the latest Vix image on and see what happens?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, i had it running for 3 days now, still fine, already posted this but might wanna know

i had the latest vix apollo 32 build running

i flashed
UPDADE TOOLS_20140906

also i tried the flashing the bootloader via com port just to see and it flashed fine, but i noticed after flashing the bootloader, then flashing using the images from VU+ and X Website --- Home , it goes through the process, usb stick flashes , but it doesnt boot, just stays blank, only way flashing worked was to flash official vix apollo 32build then after i can then flash images from VU+ and X Website --- Home

i also flashed older UPDATE TOOLS_20140508 and then try the official image to try to brick it, but it still boots up although with sat and network connected it gets stuck on boot and icon loading forever loads fine without them connected,

i wanted it to go blank so could really see flashing the bootloader working , wonder what protection they have on these se models

Thanks

@lombard Can you post some photos of the motherboard please, do we can compare with the non-SE version?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Wow, it's totally different to the standard Solo2 board.

Added 3 multiplexers for programming of flash through rs232.

@lombard few quetions:
-can u fix internal hdd in ur se clone? or only external?
-r u running original vix apollo image currently not clone safe?
-if u running original so is latest update tools is anti-timebomb safe build to flash any original image?
-did u try to flash latest ORIGINAL Black hole so u can check wether it will brick or not ?

@lombard few quetions:
-can u fix internal hdd in ur se clone? or only external?
-r u running original vix apollo image currently not clone safe?
-if u running original so is latest update tools is anti-timebomb safe build to flash any original image?
-did u try to flash latest ORIGINAL Black hole so u can check wether it will brick or not ?

2.5 inch sata
official does mean original lol
looks like it but who knows
prefer vix not fan of blackhole, guess it will work also

This might sound silly but how can you tell what version my solo2 box is! or does it matter can I just upgrade to ver4 I've had a look at the chip and it doesn't say lombard it is a samsung 319

Last edited:
I have a solo2 clone and it's running a clonesafe openvix apollo build 24 but plugins feed showing up blank would like to use up to date vix image

@IAmATeaf Mine is the same as the first two pictures in this post:
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-s...-technical-topic-solo2-clone-post2435587.html

Personally, I won't be too keen to go thru the rigmarole of performing another chip change once I've got my box operational again so I'll be happy with a safe openvix apollo image and leave it at that!

These pictures are of the daugtherboard that controls the common interface, the Chinese seem to be using them sometimes instead of the real chip that also has the hard cams, and is probably cheaper for them. Which means the card readers dont work.
The security chip is on the upper left side, just above or underneath the hard drive. This board is a dragonworth and got bricked trying to use these V2, V3 updates. They dont seem to be compatible with those boards.

These pictures are of the daugtherboard that controls the common interface, the Chinese seem to be using them sometimes instead of the real chip that also has the hard cams, and is probably cheaper for them. Which means the card readers dont work.
The security chip is on the upper left side, just above or underneath the hard drive. This board is a dragonworth and got bricked trying to use these V2, V3 updates. They dont seem to be compatible with those boards.

Finally some answers! If this board is a DW, is there any reliable method of resurrecting a corrupted flash? I am in receipt of a replacement NAND chip, which I will replace if need be, but I would really like to try and sort the existing chip with my Cypress JTAG / BBS.
Question: if this is a DW board, why did the Chinese supplier send me to the vu-hd site and suggest running the update patcher?

Finally some answers! If this board is a DW, is there any reliable method of resurrecting a corrupted flash? I am in receipt of a replacement NAND chip, which I will replace if need be, but I would really like to try and sort the existing chip with my Cypress JTAG / BBS.
Question: if this is a DW board, why did the Chinese supplier send me to the vu-hd site and suggest running the update patcher?

Mine is a Dragonworth, but I dont know witch one you have. If you have a lonrinsun sticker somewhere on the board or an "X" sticker on the security chip then you should be able to use the update patcher.
It was possible to fix the corrupt security chip after flashing the patcher using a Chinese flashing tool I got from a member here, but it only works on DW boards manufactured after may 2014. (mine has the date on it)

I only found out today that the Jtag software is finally here, I have had my Cypress board waiting for 3 months now. I will be testing it on my Dragon soon to see if it works.

LOL! I tore my box apart as soon as my Cypress board arrived yesterday.
My motherboard has a little sticker that shows April 2014. There are no other identifying features - Nothing marked Lorinsun, X or anything else. Just the fact that the CI chip is on a little daughter card, as previously mentioned and clarified by yourself.
I have also had some really good discussions on this thread: UBB Message | | Dreambox Made in China OEM Forum, if it may be of use to you.

Mine is a Dragonworth, but I dont know witch one you have. If you have a lonrinsun sticker somewhere on the board or an "X" sticker on the security chip then you should be able to use the update patcher.
It was possible to fix the corrupt security chip after flashing the patcher using a Chinese flashing tool I got from a member here, but it only works on DW boards manufactured after may 2014. (mine has the date on it)

I only found out today that the Jtag software is finally here, I have had my Cypress board waiting for 3 months now. I will be testing it on my Dragon soon to see if it works.

Back