Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

Morning all new flash chip firmeware has now been uploaded to the VU-HD site dated
UPDADE TOOLS_20140906 and also blackhole 2.3.0 for the vu solo2 , now i think we have to use the flash chip firmware first before useing the lastest blackhole .2.3.0 !. ps going to to flash firmware now then i,ll flash blackhole 2.3.0 and see what drivers there useing and post back asap regards dubliner

Last edited:
Right so i,ve flashed the v4 firmware followed the steps we did with the v3 got HW EORROR turn box off starting up without any problem,s just waiting for blackhole 2.3.0 to finish downloading :wtf: 30mins on 120 meg 10 mins left lets hope this is going to begood news for vu solo 2 user,s !!

Ok lad,s i can confirm new driver,s dated 24/7/14 in this image patched & clone safe and kernels 3.13.5 patched aswell ,{WARNING V3 USERS }do not use blackhole 2.3.0 on v3 boxes as it will brick your box 100% you need the V4 flash chip firmeware first so be careful lad,s and youtube tv already is installed in this image and working perfect and plugins & feeds working aswell ,regards dubliner
IMG_0108.JPGIMG_0109.JPGIMG_0110.JPG

Last edited:
Ok lad,s i can confirm new driver,s dated 24/7/14 in this image patched & clone safe and kernels 3.13.5 patched aswell ,{WARNING V3 USERS }do not use blackhole 2.3.0 on v3 boxes as it will brick your box 100% you need the V4 flash chip firmeware first so be careful lad,s and youtube tv already is installed in this image and working perfect and plugins & feeds working aswell ,regards dubliner
View attachment 83764View attachment 83765View attachment 83766

good to see they making a effort, hopefully see latest vix on there, i see the vu solo2 SE PDF which you can recover via RS323 , but cant seem to find the files that are in the PDF guide

View attachment 83764View attachment 83765View attachment 83766

in vu-hd.com a new update tools been released dated 05 sept , is it fine to flash new bh2.3.0 already also uploaded there after upgrading with new update tools

in vu-hd.com a new update tools been released dated 05 sept , is it fine to flash new bh2.3.0 already also uploaded there after upgrading with new update tools

thank you for this info, i will try it soon.

Yes flash the new update first before trying tge new image. Did you not read the post you quoted?

Fankoosh if your box is a lonrisun and your on the v3 firmeware you need to upgrade the flash chip first before you can use blackhole 2.3.0 as they are useing new patched kernels etc which are unsafe with the v3 firmeware here a link to the v3 thread if you need to flash the v3 first be careful, and as always this is at your own risk and there,s still no sign of the complete bootloader file or recovrey files for the vusolo2 or se, regards dubliner
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-solo2-receivers-633/395812-solo-2-update-ver.html

The dates and size of the drivers used in BH images once again dumb-founds me, I can't find those particular files taking into account their date and time anywhere.

The size of dvb-bcm7356.ko does sort of indicate that it is a 3.13.5 release as this file for previous releases was much larger.

Fankoosh if your box is a lonrisun and your on the v3 firmeware you need to upgrade the flash chip first before you can use blackhole 2.3.0 as they are useing new patched kernels etc which are unsafe with the v3 firmeware here a link to the v3 thread if you need to flash the v3 first be careful, and as always this is at your own risk and there,s still no sign of the complete bootloader file or recovrey files for the vusolo2 or se, regards dubliner
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-solo2-receivers-633/395812-solo-2-update-ver.html

hi , thanx for reply , can u check these steps for me to upgarde my box lonrisun?
1- i have to upgarde FPGA update first or no need ( post by AJT) >> http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-solo2-receivers-633/391241-upgrading-vu-solo2-clone.html

2- upgarde using TOOLS UPGRADE TO V3 post by ALIRAZA >>> http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-solo2-receivers-633/395812-solo-2-update-ver.html

3- upgarding using NEW TOOLS UPDATE dated 05 septemper for new kernal & to accept BH 2.3.0

plez correct these steps & provide guide , many thanx

IAmATeaf ye man looks,s that way airight let hope now they start releaseing some up to date images for these boxes and lad,s with the vusolo2se start getting some support for there boxes aswell, as the support for these at the moment is sh@te and the lack of information is sh@te aswell ,like ferret said in another thread there,s no moral,s anymore which is a shame but true regards dubliner

Last edited:
Fankoosh can you state what image you have running on your box at this moment and are you sure it,s lonrisun ! or dragonworth or sunray as there,s 3 type of vusolo2 clones going around so you have to be 100% sure what type of box you have .

Last edited:
IAmATeaf ye man looks,s that way airight let hope now they start releaseing some up to date images for these boxes and lad,s with the vusolo2se start getting some support for there boxes aswell, as the support for these at the moment is sh@te and the lack of information is sh@te aswell ,like ferret said in another thread there,s no moral,s anymore which is a shame but true regards dubliner
Gotta agree but it has meant that the prices of these boxes has come down which must hurt their bottom line.

EDIT: Anybody tried this update and an unaltered image, say the latest ViX image? Not near my box at the mo and will give it a go when I am but was just wondering.

Last edited:
Gotta agree but it has meant that the prices of these boxes has come down which must hurt their bottom line.

EDIT: Anybody tried this update and an unaltered image, say the latest ViX image? Not near my box at the mo and will give it a go when I am but was just wondering.

i have the vu solo2 se i would give this ago, they supposed to have a way to recover via com port, they released a guide but no files , at least i would know i could fix it if anything happened !

Well this is completely weird.

I've tried to update my box to v4 and nothing I do makes the update start. No bear in mind that I've updated to v2 and v3 before with no issues I'm now getting what some here have described, the update.exe program never detects the box and therefore never starts the download.

Things I've done so far:

1) Rip the box apart, removed the serial port daughter board, checked it and resoldered it back in place.
2) Check that update.exe can see my COM1 port, I did this by running a 2nd copy of the program which then complains that it couldn't detect the COM port.
3) Restarted my laptop, opened a DOS/CMD prompt and run the MODE.exe command which displays the status of the COM and LPT ports, then ran the update.exe and I can see that the program alters the settings for the COM port.
4) Tried the same on a desktop with a physical COM1 port as I was using my laptop above a port replicator, this laptop and replicator is what I've used before which has worked for my box and for 2 other boxes that I repaired for people here on these forums.

I'm running ViX-808 with drivers from 24/12/2013 not that that would make a difference as the update.exe program is obviously waiting to detect the box as it boots but whatever it's looking for in terms of a signal it never receives.

Wasted a good few hours on this before I decided to give up, the box still boots ViX-808 with no issues, I'm completely dumb-founded unless anybody out there has any ideas?

Fankoosh can you state what image you have running on your box at this moment and are you sure it,s lonrisun ! or dragonworth or sunray as there,s 3 type of vusolo2 clones going around so you have to be 100% sure what type of box you have .

it is from dealer lonrisun vu+solo2 box came with BH 2.0.9, but dont remeber exact date it was delivered, so what steps already mentioned do i have to do , thanx

Well this is completely weird.

I've tried to update my box to v4 and nothing I do makes the update start. No bear in mind that I've updated to v2 and v3 before with no issues I'm now getting what some here have described, the update.exe program never detects the box and therefore never starts the download.

Things I've done so far:

1) Rip the box apart, removed the serial port daughter board, checked it and resoldered it back in place.
2) Check that update.exe can see my COM1 port, I did this by running a 2nd copy of the program which then complains that it couldn't detect the COM port.
3) Restarted my laptop, opened a DOS/CMD prompt and run the MODE.exe command which displays the status of the COM and LPT ports, then ran the update.exe and I can see that the program alters the settings for the COM port.
4) Tried the same on a desktop with a physical COM1 port as I was using my laptop above a port replicator, this laptop and replicator is what I've used before which has worked for my box and for 2 other boxes that I repaired for people here on these forums.

I'm running ViX-808 with drivers from 24/12/2013 not that that would make a difference as the update.exe program is obviously waiting to detect the box as it boots but whatever it's looking for in terms of a signal it never receives.

Wasted a good few hours on this before I decided to give up, the box still boots ViX-808 with no issues, I'm completely dumb-founded unless anybody out there has any ideas?
Hi mate, maybe a faulty download of the update?

Hi mate, maybe a faulty download of the update?

Tried updating using the previous v3 and v2 updates to see what would happen and I get the same results. This has me completely stumped as it used to work.

Tried updating using the previous v3 and v2 updates to see what would happen and I get the same results. This has me completely stumped as it used to work.
Knowing u am sure u tired everything :( maybe anyone else had luck updating, am not home otherwise would have tired

Back