Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

I let you assume what you want ! If you are sure, then good luck and play Lotto as you guess you will win 100% !

Perhaps you are only upset of the release of the CFE for Solo2 ? And your way is to attack the poster ?

Omni

No it makes no difference to me either way, I am just amused that you continue to think that people dont know you are toysoft from the ferrari forum.

Omni thank u mate...so you are saying that this the OFFICIAL bin.cfg file of the Solo2 clone?

This is extracted from the Chinese clone image, and its CFE you can load with USB Memory stick.

It looks like to me that this CFE is then connecting to internet to do some updates, so as indicated before the security is not only in the Drivers, but also on the CFE released on online updates.

Reason why it would be good to dump a working clone Flash from December or before, to then extract the CFE, this probably would solve a lot of our problems.

Omni

Omni thank u mate...so you are saying that this the OFFICIAL bin.cfg file of the Solo2 clone?

Probably interesting to read,

Omni

Hello TommyJohnson,

Thank you for your contribution, did you tested the situation ? Also with my protection against online-update-drivers the box was attacked, and this by "some other software" in the online update. ViX guys tell it's impossible, but as usual we know that they are anti-clone people... as well as after checking I found out that the other security after the drivers is the CFE that was updated to a V2 version (the one I released).

So there is 2 situations of the box :

- The box doesn't show any message on the LCD, this means the bomb Drivers done their job, these erased the Flash... nothing to do more than using JTAG or replacing the Flash chip.

- The box still shows "Starting..." and has some difficulty to load the UBIFS file during Flashing the image thru USB. This mean that you are not touched by the bomb drivers (as you doesn't have them on the image) but you are touched by the AntiClone CFE... so to avoid this issue we need to get the CFE V1 from the full flash dump of a box from December or before.

We are actually trying to find a solution for that 2nd option... as the first one has only chip or JTAG fix (but the BCMxxxx.msi file is not released).

TS

Hi, is there anyone ordered sunray vu solo2 ?? is it true it's unbrickble as they anounced ? do they have a supporting website providing all tools needed for jtaging ???

Hi, is there anyone ordered sunray vu solo2 ?? is it true it's unbrickble as they anounced ? do they have a supporting website providing all tools needed for jtaging ???
There is a Sunray solo2 thread here with more information about it.

For the record, nothing is unbrickable it really depends on how far VU go to stop clones but with a Sunray with a clone safe image and write protect driver files limits chances of it happening but does NOT guarantee it wont unfortunately.

I finally got round to installing my motherboard i received back from China. It came pre-installed with blackhole 2.1.0 has anybody heard of this as a clone safe image? The box itself is a Lorinsun with the X chip. I haven't connected anything else to the box bar the HDMI and power lead yet. Wondering if i should just install a known clone safe image on there to be on the safe side? Am i right in thinking this has been upgraded to version 3 if it has a new image on there (blackhole 2.1.0)? Not got a response from my seller yet and really wanted to get this up and running today if possible. Thanks in advance for your responses.

I finally got round to installing my motherboard i received back from China. It came pre-installed with blackhole 2.1.0 has anybody heard of this as a clone safe image? The box itself is a Lorinsun with the X chip. I haven't connected anything else to the box bar the HDMI and power lead yet. Wondering if i should just install a known clone safe image on there to be on the safe side? Am i right in thinking this has been upgraded to version 3 if it has a new image on there (blackhole 2.1.0)? Not got a response from my seller yet and really wanted to get this up and running today if possible. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Got mine back a few weeks ago and it has 2.1.0 Like yours it is a Lonrisun but my seller has just advised to update using the files on the site. I had hoped they might have done it to save me any possible problems.

Is it possible to update to v3 then install the latest image without the sat cable, swap drivers and work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are all the solo2 images on
VU+ and X Website --- DownLoads
clone safe

who has installed images on there solo2 clone from there
and what was the image name

I spoke to another reseller posing as a buyer and they did refer me to that site:

"lwshenzhen(2014-06-24 07:52:26):
You can log in the website: VU+ and X Website --- Home The above software you can update
Me(2014-06-24 07:52:57):
all of the images here are clone safe?
lwshenzhen(2014-06-24 07:53:26):
This site is secure software
Me(2014-06-24 07:53:53):
no timebomb etc
lwshenzhen(2014-06-24 07:56:09):
yes
lwshenzhen(2014-06-24 07:56:40):
no timebomb
lwshenzhen(2014-06-24 07:56:37):
As long as you do not download the software to other websites"

Can anybody confirm if they have used this site and if so which images? Thanks

none the wiser then lol

that site is all over the solo2 section here

so someone must know if they are clone safe images on there

Last edited:
My chip came with BH206 preinstalled,after replacement i flashed vti608 from vu-hd website, did v3 update and chattr comand.everything is working fine.even did vti image online update.
dnt forget to do reset after flashing new image

are all the solo2 images on
VU+ and X Website --- DownLoads
clone safe

who has installed images on there solo2 clone from there
and what was the image name

Good eveing davvo i,ve been useing the images from x-download for a few weeks now.After i replaced my chip with the [ Toshiba chip ] and done the v3 upgrade i can confirm on my solo2 i tryed
BlackHole-2.1.1 VU+SOLO2
OpenPLi-4[1].0 vu+solo2
VTI-6.0.8 VU+SOLO2
OPENVIX-Helios vu+solo2 20140514 and i was running these images for a couple a day each time i tryed them without any problem,s.And i have running on my box now openatv-4.1-vusolo2-20140617 what i did was copy the whole folder from 3.3.8-2.0 from openvix heilos image from x-downlods image then i loaded openatv 20140617 original with out sat or the internet connected went through the setup mode then skipped network settings during first start up after flashing.Then i went to network wizard then connected the internet then restart network got a ip for the box started up DCC 150 and was able to swap the whole 3.3.8-2.0 over saved restart box hav,nt had any issue so far since changing and the box has been on everday since flashing it . regards dubliner

i just been there and downloaded BlackHole-2.1.0.1

ripped it open with ubuntu
and iamateaf guide

got the drivers from it
will now compare to find out what they are

update
the drivers for vu+ solo2 BlackHole-2.1.0.1
from x-download site
do not compare with any vu+ solo2 drivers

Last edited:
here are the drivers for BlackHole-2.1.0.1

the image is named BlackHole-2.2.0 VU+SOLO2 on the x-download site

but comes down as BlackHole-2.1.0.1

they do not compare with any vu+ solo2 drivers
from any dates at all

the image came from x-download site

i ripped open the image to get them

Attachments

• drivers solo2 BlackHole-2.1.0.1.rar
    2.9 MB · Views: 33
What are these for then? Confused. Updated drivers? New format?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back