Anyone get a reply from Technomate yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
Calling all EuroSky customers...

Has anyone received a reply back from Technomate yet?

I sent off my email as soon as EuroSky sent me the email, but I've not had any reply from TM.

Just spoken to tm, and they said people should start being contacted from Thursday. I confirmed that I am on their list :)

ive just got my reply from technomate, saying there still waiting for the top covers expected wednesday or thursday , as soon as they get them they will send emails

That's good news i was going to start this thread a few hours ago.

hi m8s

sorry for my curiosity but whats going on?What you mean Top covers?R they going to call back their recievers ?just wondering'

regards

@ witchy and digidude

plz let us know what is going on.

the whole reason card sharing exists is because people are open about it and
have helped each other and others and to know something and not share it out just seems selfish.

bear in mind, we all paid alot for the tm800 and we are all not getting what we paid for in full; so at least technomate should have the bu**s to
help out all of its customers not just one retailer.

we would just like to know what this is about, it would not affect yourself or eurosky or anyone.

thanks.

@ witchy and digidude

have helped each other and others and to know something and not share it out just seems selfish.

Cardsharing?
Selfish?

This has nothing to with you unless you bought your machine from Eurosky. It has nothing to do with Cardsharing or any other type of hack.

I've been asked to keep it to myself and that's what I'm doing.

ffs Look just tell them, as part of buying your TM800 that your getting a free Tm Branded blow up doll.

It will go down on you now and then and It doesnt do everything you want it too. :)

@ witchy and digidude

Cardsharing is being destroyed because people are open about it, without really having a clue what they are discussing, card sharing USED TO BE exactly what it says on the tin, i have one card, you have another, lets share them between us

cardsharing today is about money, plain and simple, and thats why companies like sly have the new systems designed against it, other companies have cardless receivers, and so on.

the TM800 is NOT being recalled, and there is no reason to panic over it. Some people are worried about heat, technomate have responded to this, Euroskys customers were the first people in europe (apart from a few beta testers like myself) to have these receivers, and from what ive read, have applied some pressure to technomate to recognise these people in some way, first their customers were the only ones offered a free WiFi module (im still waiting for mine though, but it has been explained) then technomate extended that to the first 500, and its possible that this may be the same

Looks like they are giving eurosky customers new tops for the tm800 cos they think it overheats, surprising any manufacturer would bow to this unless they also thought there was a problem, or they are doing it to shut you up

@G3o, you should be glad you can express your opinion here on DigitalWorldz as on most forums members are banned for ventilating their ideas.

Anyway, I would not drop so quick conclusions. Technomate did gave in Belgium for example free usb sticks with the new tm6900Super & 7100 and there was nothing wrong. they just try to please their customers !

The only thing i can say is, well when you buy a linux receiver not branded as original dreambox you can expect some development thingies on the way in using this box.
As already stated, we have seen this happen on all brands open linux receiver(non dreambox) and sure Dreambox had its problems at start as well...

The first thing I did with my dm800 wait a fan to it, over 2 years later, dmm have released a new dm800

I've had no heat issues with my tm800 but do run it with the lid off.

The first thing I did with my dm800 wait a fan to it, over 2 years later, dmm have released a new dm800

I've had no heat issues with my tm800 but do run it with the lid off.

it's just odd pandering to a few customers (even if it's a few hundred) unless they also believe there is an issue, i dont own the 800 so i dont care and if it is just design evolution then great but when they replace it for some and ask them to keep quiet then you have to wonder, couldn't care about dm 800's either but i would bu just as sceptical if dmm done the same.
I do have a tm600 and it's ok but i doubt i'd buy another.

This is all bout about a company looking after its customers which is very rare these days,it just happened to be the TM800 i think they would do it for any box.

So Please don't slag a company off for looking after it's customers

The 'offer' is only being offered to those that pre-ordered or bought within days of release, that means that these boxes may have been slightly different from the boxes that most of you have, for example maybe the first 500 pre-release boxes are Hardware Revision 1 and maybe the rest are Revision 1.1?

We (pre-order/early buyers) aren't getting anything free or special, the way I see it is we are getting machines that are the same as the rest.

Obviously this is a pack of lies to cover up the real truth. ;)

Thats the solution then chaps..if you own a TM800..run it with the lid removed and dont use CCAM ... lol

- On a serious note good to see though whatever the issue, that Eurosky seem to be doing something for their customers..cant say the same for some other retailers.

- What they offering, swap ya TM800 for a Spiderbox or Dream800 clone... and get 100 quid cashback ??? Now that would be an offer and a half !

This is all bout about a company looking after its customers which is very rare these days,it just happened to be the TM800 i think they would do it for any box.

So Please don't slag a company off for looking after it's customers

Dont think any one is slagging off any company, I mean come on what did you expect? You posted some cryptic post on a 'Public' forum bigging up a certain retailer for doing something that you are not allowed to post about?? And what did you do? Keep quiet like you was told?

That is unless you where told to make the post to drum up more google hits for that certain retailer oh the plot thickens..

Wonder why most of the tm threads end up like this? to many vested intrests me thinks...lol

Si

who has asked the end users to keep quiet though? the manufacturer or the retailer? and why? if there was a problem with the hardware, and i knew about it, id have no issues with splashing it all over DW, like ive done with a lot of other 'issues' ive found with technomate receivers in the past, this is how i came to their attention quite a few years back

I KNOW that its the retailer that has asked for it not to be splashed across all the forums, for the simple reason that other people who have bought from other retailers will feel as though some people are getting something for free when theyre not, and try to then blag something they may not be entitled to (like we see every day in the freebie section) by using that retailers name

i think some people are trying to read more into it than what it actually is, as w0lftje said, tm do sometimes give things away to targeted groups of owners

Not really reading anything into the situation to be honest i haven't even got a clue what its all about nor do i wish too. I was just pointing out that if you post something like that on an open forum people will start to try an find out what its all about. Then if they cant find out they will make there own asumptions up right or wrong.

Problems will always arise when people meet on a forum like this, you are going to get half that know the business model and half that dont. Dont forgot someone always benefits.

Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back