Anyone else use XBMC?

Mama Luigi

Inactive User
Reaction score
I installed Windows 8 and XBMC, and it's the best thing since sliced bread. It helps that I found a nice already set up one on some torrent site (it has over 300 addons and lots of tweaks )

Hi Mama Luigi

I have just started using 3 days ago :)
I am finding quite interesting I have just bought this LATEST G-BOX MIDNIGHT MX EXCLUSIVE XBMC FRODO LINUX BUILD FULLY LOADED mainly for when traveling strap it to the TV and bingo :)
But I now have it on my Laptop and Tablet learning and experimenting with them ..

I don't use torrents but if the file is not to big you can attach to a post I am sure a few peeps will be interested :)

CJ :D

I have been using xbmc for years it's great I have 2 apple 1st generation running openelec and a dedicated HTPC running windows 7

Hi Mama Luigi

I have just started using 3 days ago :)
I am finding quite interesting I have just bought this LATEST G-BOX MIDNIGHT MX EXCLUSIVE XBMC FRODO LINUX BUILD FULLY LOADED mainly for when traveling strap it to the TV and bingo :)
But I now have it on my Laptop and Tablet learning and experimenting with them ..

I don't use torrents but if the file is not to big you can attach to a post I am sure a few peeps will be interested :)

CJ :D

Can you post or pm a link where you got the gbox from please mate

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have it attached to every tv in the house via one device or another but why you need 300 add-ons is a waste, when i 1st started i installed nearly every add-on i could and never used 99%.
Now it's just istream, mash-up, iplayer etc and p2p, if you can't find what you want on istream or mash-up i doubt you'll find it on any add-on because most off them are searched by istream anyway without needing the add-on installed.

Just set this up on mrs laptop,How can u drag icons on to the main page / if you canso she can just click on em...got navix mashup etc on there just looking for a icon short cut if poss.

Just set this up on mrs laptop,How can u drag icons on to the main page / if you canso she can just click on em...got navix mashup etc on there just looking for a icon short cut if poss.

System-Appearance-Skin Settings-Add-on shortcuts :)

Hi Manse
Like the idea of linking to all tv's in house what method do you use
PS new to this but learning fast my X7 android box is up and running needing a few tweaks etc

Thanks Andy

Hi lads,

I too would appreciate it, if someone could PM me the link!

Suttsy.

Cheapest option is likely to be to use a Raspberry Pi which you can pick up a used model B with SD card for around £20. I don't even bother with a case, its stuck on with double sided foam pad to the back of the TV. Powered from old phone charger, network via ethernet cable. Remote via my tablet though a USB keyboard is useful sometimes. Less than 1w consumption means I can leave it on 24x7 without having to worry about power bill.

There is a Pi specific image on XBMC website but somebody has kindly posted an image with add-ons already install,

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/linux-section-480/403731-sharing-my-raspberry-pi.html?highlight=xbmc

tried using xbmc exclusively on a fire tv, whilst most things work spot on the live tv (from a solo2) was flakey. still plugged in though for streaming

I've been using it for a while now. It's a real shame though that the big UK ISPs are now clamping down on some of the addons now :(

Back