Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone been banned

its definatly to do with the h3 beta and copied crackdowns

i personally reckon that the delay in releaseing the h3 beta was while ms altered there copy detection to take into account the 5.3

personally i wont miss it,was nice while it lasted but had to come to an end eventually

my copy games still boot and thats all im bothered about

its definatly to do with the h3 beta and copied crackdowns

i personally reckon that the delay in releaseing the h3 beta was while ms altered there copy detection to take into account the 5.3

personally i wont miss it,was nice while it lasted but had to come to an end eventually

my copy games still boot and thats all im bothered about
Well this isnt true, I have copied version of Crackdown on 2 360s and I havent been banned on neither. And I was playing the Halo 3 Beta for ages.

5.3 Sammy and 2.4 Hitachi

--
Shaun

Well this isnt true, I have copied version of Crackdown on 2 360s and I havent been banned on neither. And I was playing the Halo 3 Beta for ages.
5.3 Sammy and 2.4 Hitachi

Just because you've not been banned yet doesn't mean it's not true.

Take a look on xbox-scene and you'll see plenty of people with jitter proof firmware who have been banned.

Look at the timing of the release, Commodore4Eva releases the update just before the official launch date of Halo 3 Beta, MS suddenly announce that the beta is delayed.....ask yourself why?

Witchy2ky - you seem in know when it comes to the modifing of the 360. i was gona get Violent J to do my drive for me. it seems like the old software is no good at the moment shal i wait a few months untill new firmware comes out get around the xbox live banning issue.

thanks

If Live is important to you and you're not a risk taker then I'd recommend that you avoid upgrading until a patch is released, most likely that every new game released from now on will contain the update aswell.

Best to postpone your upgrade for the time being - unless you don't give a shit about playing online.

i have had my 360 since Sept last year, and NEVER once took it on live.

perhaps i should have done, just to have a bit of fun in the past.

anyway, at least i should be ok just as long as i don't go live now.

i feel for those who have banned consoles.

This definatly sounds like MS have tamed a modder! - next stage is to develop linux bootloader and use rotating eeprom status to fool em, probably still a few months of solid developing away to get it stable and launching on new dashboards

i downloaded halo3 beta yeseterday, it wouldnt work, wouldnt connect to noone, so i started playing saints row for 2 hours, now ive heard all this, i turned my 360 on without the network adaptor, i dont know if ive been banned or not. Shall i flash to my original firmware then go back to live. THanks

If Live is important to you and you're not a risk taker then I'd recommend that you avoid upgrading until a patch is released, most likely that every new game released from now on will contain the update aswell.

Best to postpone your upgrade for the time being - unless you don't give a shit about playing online.

well i have only just got the thing, i havent even gone on line yet, do like the sound of it though, i only bought the thing cause of C&C3 not sure how many people play that on line yet as its only new. i think i will wait a while and see how things develope. sorry to hear about people getting banned.

Well I for one am glad I popped in here this morning as I was just gonna upgrade my 360 to the new 5.3 well I can save my time and wait to see how it all pans out. but as far as playing on live is concerned the way I look at it is having a modified console is a way of being able to play games without paying rip-off prices for them, being able to play them on live was a bonus nothing more so if it's coming to a end I won't be complaining.

If you connected to Live with the Halo beta then you're machine is probably flagged for banning and as soon as u reconnect wether u have the original firmware or not you will still get banned, nothing ventured nothing gained so give it a try.

The most important thing for you to do now is not play Halo 3 :)

If you connected to Live with the Halo beta then you're machine is probably flagged for banning and as soon as u reconnect wether u have the original firmware or not you will still get banned, nothing ventured nothing gained so give it a try.

i have crackdown copy but i havent tried halo3 as i dont have a hard drive..last night i kept losing my connection to live servers so maybe its the latest firmware that they can spot (i have 5.3) ?? has anyone been banned using an earlier firmware than 5.3?? I'll try connecting over today and let yous know how I get on later

They're not going to target 5.3 and leave the other alone mate, all hacked firmwares have been reported as getting banned, the key is Halo 3.

They're not going to target 5.3 and leave the other alone mate, all hacked firmwares have been reported as getting banned, the key is Halo 3.

fair comment m8 my point is i havent played or downloaded halo3 but i'm still having problems , the only thing i've done different in the last few days is upgrade to 5.3

Been reading some of the posts about non modded boxes also getting banned, so no one really knows for sure whats going on but what if something just went wrong and MS decided to take the opportunity to make it look like they planned the whole thing and found a way to ban modded boxes where in reality this is just a cover story for a big f*ck up.

A big PR spin better to make it look like they planned it rather than admit they have a problem, or maybe they thought they had way ti ident modded boxes that failed.

Thinking about it if your box is not modded then your gonna call up and complain but if it is chances are you will just play off line and take your ban, to those unmodded units who call in then MS can put it down to some system error and un ban people without losing to much face.

This theory is pure speculation of course :)

Frenchman

how many of the I DIDNT TOUCH MY 360 lot are actually telling he truth though??? i reckon not a lot prob the younger lot stating the above thinking it will help them lol..

.if ms did get it not quite right and took out legit boxes then all they can do is wipe the slate clean and reinstall all the lot lol and start again...

i always thought it wa funnt that 5.3 was released before ms did there update...y not wate for it then look at what they did???then work around that??

obviousley the update planted the seed and and they flicked the switch last night

wonder how much ms will lose now due to this

AFAIK the update was supposed to be released at the same time as the patched firmware, MS waited until the patch was released then postponed their update to give them time to make changes to the live update - sneaky gits :)

Anyone thats never played on live, jsut look at the stuff you're missing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haSGAf7lvR0[/ame]

PMSL

xbox live is just another way for bill gates to fill his fat pockets i hope the gimpy nerd burns in hell! funny how ps3 owners get to play online for free,dont get me wrong im xbox through n through the thought of owning a ps3 no thanks lol

Back