Any Pictures Of Members Systems?

the brains and the living room

heres my 7020Si, alson with wireless ADSL router and 8 way network hub, also a pheonix card reader along with gamma card for nova, the internal readers on the 7020 have a sly card and digitalb gold card

in the living room then is a 600S with hdd, modded xbox used mainly as a media canter, chipped Wii, recharge station for Wiimotes, Epson r320 printer and sub for the 5.1 surround, out of view in this corner is also a laptop (underneath), 4 way network hub, bluetooth aerial and AV switching station

on the wall in the living room is a 37" LCD that i use as my computer, the laptop connects to a wireless keyboard and mouse so i plonk my lazy arse on the setee and surf in comfort :proud: the light on the bottom fight of the telly is a strobe light

kitchen

in the kitchen theres a 17" widescreen LCD, 500s, TM3500 with internal HDD and a 5300 with HDD, as well as the PC

the PC has today died after updating the AV :(

bedrooms

the daughters bedroom has a 500s, samsung DVD-R with Divx playback and a normal 15" portable telly

the boys room has a 500s, a Divx dvd player, a 17" LCD that i was given as faulty and repaired it, and is wired ready for his Wii and xbox

the main room has a standard 15" telly (used to have a 32" LCD) with built in dvd player, a samsung DVD-R with Divx playback, a sly digibox, a TM3300 and a TM9100

the daughters bedroom has a 500s, samsung DVD-R with Divx playback and a normal 15" portable telly

the boys room has a 500s, a Divx dvd player, a 17" LCD that i was given as faulty and repaired it, and is wired ready for his Wii and xbox

the main room has a standard 15" telly (used to have a 32" LCD) with built in dvd player, a samsung DVD-R with Divx playback, a sly digibox, a TM3300 and a TM9100

Oh and theres more:Clap::Clap: Quite a collection, I suppose you have half a dozen dishes also?:proud:

outside

heres a 60cm zone2 dish with quad LNB fixed at sky, and a 1.1M motorised with twin output LNB, can pick up 45E-22W (45W in the winter due to trees)

also have a motorised 80cm that ill edit and attach a picture of

heres a 60cm zone2 dish with quad LNB fixed at sky, and a 1.1M motorised with twin output LNB, can pick up 45E-22W (45W in the winter due to trees)

also have a motorised 80cm that ill edit and attach a picture of

i see that you have a few recievers, how many can one dish serve? i'm looking for something that would power 3? mabye 4

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Last edited by a moderator:

Now don't hold back on us..... where's the 15" lcd and 500s in the toilet on the back of the door so you don't miss any of your precious tv while having a whizz ;)

@MFCGAVMFC
There isnt a limit to how many receivers from 1 dish, like i've fitted to dozens of apartments/homes etc all from 1 fixed dish. However the problem is that with motorised 1 receiver only should move the motor. If you need to watch channels from different satellites on different receivers the motor couldnt cope.
My own set-up is a fixed multi-sat dish that doesnt have a motor, so currently feeds 7 receivers that instantly switch without problem. It all depends on what you want each receiver to do and what you want to get on each one.
To give each receiver a choice of any satellite while not affecting any other then yes you would need a motorised dish for each.

@MFCGAVMFC
There isnt a limit to how many receivers from 1 dish, like i've fitted to dozens of apartments/homes etc all from 1 fixed dish. However the problem is that with motorised 1 receiver only should move the motor. If you need to watch channels from different satellites on different receivers the motor couldnt cope.
My own set-up is a fixed multi-sat dish that doesnt have a motor, so currently feeds 7 receivers that instantly switch without problem. It all depends on what you want each receiver to do and what you want to get on each one.
To give each receiver a choice of any satellite while not affecting any other then yes you would need a motorised dish for each.

aaaaa i get it now

damn would need 4 satellites lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Eventually got my dish up after about 6-8 weeks of trying to find someone to install it for me at the back i gave in and installed it around the corner took 35m of cable though!!

I've got the following.....

Eagle Linux Box

80cm Triax Dish
Dark Motor
Titanium 0.3db LNB

40" Samsung LE40M76BD 1080p
Playstation 3 60GB
XBOX 360 Premium
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 / DTS 550 RMS Surround Sound System

All i need now is a HD Reciever and Newcastle United to be consistant next season!

Dish still isnt perfectly aligned and it somehow wont move to 28.2e or pick up 16e. Guess ill have to go back out there at some point and align it up properly only spent 5 mins moving the dish about

Eventually got my dish up after about 6-8 weeks of trying to find someone to install it for me at the back i gave in and installed it around the corner took 35m of cable though!!

I've got the following.....

Eagle Linux Box

80cm Triax Dish
Dark Motor
Titanium 0.3db LNB

40" Samsung LE40M76BD 1080p
Playstation 3 60GB
XBOX 360 Premium
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 / DTS 550 RMS Surround Sound System

All i need now is a HD Reciever and Newcastle United to be consistant next season!

Dish still isnt perfectly aligned and it somehow wont move to 28.2e or pick up 16e. Guess ill have to go back out there at some point and align it up properly only spent 5 mins moving the dish about

Nice setup mate, could you not get anyone to install that? There are no installers around here either apart from myself

I could of got installers for where i ended up putting it but with it being so low me and me pal did it. prob take another half hour to align it unless the brackets dodgy. been thinking the reason i cant pick up 28.2 is cos the bracket could be off?

13e 19e 23e are all fine about 85-90% SNR and AGC is 100% on all of them. should BER be 0 on all of them too?

telewestTUM how do you find the dark motor is it actually any faster than a regular diseqc? Looking at one for a mate for his 80cm dish.

Si

its pretty quick i dont ever think god this is taking ages when it goes from 13 > 28e i'll have to time it when i go from 1w > 28e its on a 35m cable length which is joined using a F coupler about 10m from dish

The motor its self isnt anywhere near my flat its next to 2 flats kitchens hope they dont kick a fuss about the noise!! doesnt move too often though

hows the Darkbox HD then any good? how much that set you back?
ive been thinking about going HD but there isnt much out there to get and SKy is a rip!!!

hows the Darkbox HD then any good? how much that set you back?
ive been thinking about going HD but there isnt much out there to get and SKy is a rip!!!

Picture is excellent but a bloody nightmare to operate, Its a work in progress so to speak, £169 of fleebay

Back