any joiners

gordy230

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi ive laid laminate floor after couple of days it went all bumpy i can stand on it and flatten it down so i lifted and laid again and it happened again any advice thanks

When it expands and is too tight to skirting, it still wants to expand so may belly in places. If its only down I doubt it would have expanded too much. It may just need to settle, they can take a while to settle and bed down, they are a floating floor after all.

btw...I am not a joiner but I have laid quite a few wooden and laminate floors. I usually remove and replace skirting but a few times I have used quadrant edging to hide the expansion gaps.

Most likely as others have said and that's not enough expansion gap. It's hard to comprehend but if one board expands by half a millimetre when warmed up/wetted ( with ambient humidity ) then 10 boards will expand by 5 mm. If they expand that much on the width then the expansion on the length is incredible.

If you don't want beading then take the skirting up. If you don't want to take the skirting up then use beading :)

Had a carpet fitter around for a quote a few years back and typically he made a reference to the laminate I'd fitted and said you should've left an expansion gap, "you're going to have problems". Luckily for me I had left an expansion gap and the floor had expanded into the gaps already :)

did you leave in room temperature for a couple of days before unpacking??????????

should have laid the flooring first and left a gap from the walls then put the skirting on afterwards to cover the gaps against the wall aswell!!

Definately leave expansion gap and also where have you laid it on wood,concrete if it is damp it will also affect it.Also you can use quadrant to cover the expansion gap.

Back