Any good?

Mark_The_Yid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother is in the market for a cheap receiver. I have experience in the cloud iboxes which I found to be absolute crap. Are the zgemma receivers any better? Bit concerned that they are from same manufacturer but lots of people seem to like them.

had one for 15 months same image never had any issues sweet and cheap.

I have been running a 1st gen combo 1 x sat, 1 x cable tuner Zgemma H1 for well over a year now.
It's been spot on no issues on the cable or satellite side, I was previously running the vix4e2 image but since that image is not longer supported I know run openATV 5.3 with a sky skin, again runs fine no issues. I have a 1 TB external hard disk connected for recordings.
I've set up a new generation model for a family member recently the twin sat H2S and that again has been spot on since I set it up, EPG and timeshift to an micro SD card.

as gsmtech says, i have both same boxes. both spot on and easy to use, however my vermin side of epg is giving problems. some boxes dont show the options in cross epg yet other boxes do. apart from that its a great box ans a greta price. i use china for my boxes. even cheaper again.

Agree with getting from China.
Last year I got 20 V8s and worked out £26 a box with delivery and PayPal fees. (but I was lucky)
But struggling to find zgemma 2s under £54.

I have used zgemma boxes since they came out and the only fault was on the software side. Everything now seems stable and support is good(except on zgemma official forum). I find that the latest H5 has tuner dropouts now (mostly when hot) and again and it is only just getting other firmware support.

I have 5 Star S for people running OpenATV image and been solid as well, running oscam ymod as softcam

I have a Zgemma H.2S and I think it is an amazing little box.
I currently have it set up with two tuners for $ky, and one with Virmin.
The only problem I've had is that the Virmin EPG info does not seem to ever fully display... However, the $ky EPG does not have any issues!

I suppose it really depends on the build that you choose to use though.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Stevie

Back