MAG box any decent info from the you guys who use them

GIO

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
any decent info from the you guys who use them
been looking into mag boxes, i use perfect player and smart iptv via android 2gb box and my lg tv, but someone told me a mag box was better.
looked at some on ebay and there about 47 quid for the 254....i couldnt see how much ram these things had, also someone said on a page im on FB that 512mb was good for these but i cant see how, thats not much for anything to run these days

whats the best way to go
whats the best value for money

cheers gio

At £47 quid they will be fake mate, not reliable fakes either.

They run a firmware and a simplistic GUI and are pretty fast at 512 mb

Stay well away from that ebay crap as nearly all are fakes/clones,They are a fab box and the best place to buy is from genuine sellers,Look on the infomir site or pm me and i will give you a link

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally true avid but due to gui on mag boxes not been resource hungry the perform well.

perfect for newbies or anyone not wanting the fuss of setting up android boxes.

Stay well away from that ebay crap as nearly all are fakes/clones,They are a fab box and the best place to buy is from genuine sellers,Look on the infomir site or pm me and i will give you a link
Hi Mate, do they do single boxes, clicked site and quote was for 10

Cheers Shaun, should i go for the W1 or W2 version, both give wifi but is there much difference between the wifi versions, what i mean as i see what both do 600,150 etc but is the 150 fine for everyone, will it make a dfferenc
MAG254

also will i see a big difference going for the 256, i see the spec difference and for an extra 10/15 quid,will it improve or will it not be noticeable

Personally I link the IPTV client you can setup on WebOS. Previously I used an HTPC (which I still use sometimes) but find my LG TV runs everything perfectly streaming FHD and HD without an issue, cave yourself some cash and spend £5 on the addon I would say.

i already use smart iptv and perfect player,these boxes seemingly are far superior to the apps on tv or android box

When you say they are superior, apart from watching recording rewinding pausing and EPG, what else do you need to do?

When you say they are superior, apart from watching recording rewinding pausing and EPG, what else do you need to do?

if i knew i wouldnt have openedd the post to ask questions about them, in life you can only go by the guide of others and when lots of people say they are good then thats what you go by

if i knew i wouldnt have openedd the post to ask questions about them, in life you can only go by the guide of others and when lots of people say they are good then thats what you go by
I've used both @GIO , smart IPTV app works ok but I didn't find it user friendly, it's just functional. I then went for a 256 and loved it, nicely laid out and easy to navigate. Is the 256 superior to the smart app? yes, by miles. It's like asking me if I prefer steak or spam. :)

@chookey I thought you were gona sell your mag 256 the other day and said it was shit? or was that someone else? So you really like the 256 compared to smart IPTV apk? what was you using the smart IPTV apk on before you bought Mag and what do you use instead on the mag. I take it is an bundled tv apk? ?

@chookey I thought you were gona sell your mag 256 the other day and said it was shit? or was that someone else? So you really like the 256 compared to smart IPTV apk? what was you using the smart IPTV apk on before you bought Mag and what do you use instead on the mag. I take it is an bundled tv apk? ?
I was talking about the provider mate, kept freezing while watching my Golf, lol. The Mag has providers script and the app is on my Samsung tv.

Back