another wiring thread!

This does but we'd have to pimp hibby's ass to pay for it.

satellite-dish.jpg

I take it this is yours Munkey, ever the show off. :proud:

:Cheers:

I hear he's rather cute with boyish looks :Drool:

You guys are dam entertaining if nothing else, but I can't see Gav getting any wiring done! LOL

Octo lnb is the biggest ive seen (8 outputs)
You could use that in the following config
Living room 2 feeds
Bedroom 1 2 feeds
Bedroom 2 2 feeds
bedroom 3 1 feed
Kitchen 1 feed
That way the octo would do the job.
Sky plus would be an option in the first 3 rooms and normal boxes in the other 2
Are you gonna have sky boxes in 5 rooms

get a 5 in 12 out multiswitch for satellite

these use a special lnb called a quattro lnb, run 4 cables from this to the multiswitch, and your aerial, then the 12 outputs carry sat and aerial down one cable

in the places where youll need 5 outlets, put a double and single backbox

the gear i use is available from cpc, search triax modules, i create plates to spec, tv, sat, tel, ethernet, phono, speaker, hdmi

get a 5 in 12 out multiswitch for satellite

these use a special lnb called a quattro lnb, run 4 cables from this to the multiswitch, and your aerial, then the 12 outputs carry sat and aerial down one cable

in the places where youll need 5 outlets, put a double and single backbox

the gear i use is available from cpc, search triax modules, i create plates to spec, tv, sat, tel, ethernet, phono, speaker, hdmi

ooo good create one for me im needing one to come from motorised dish so the lnb will have to get changed as its a twin tuner box,need stuff in living room and main bedroom also loft chop chop and seen your not busy you can come up and fit it all for me lol

ooo good create one for me im needing one to come from motorised dish so the lnb will have to get changed as its a twin tuner box,need stuff in living room and main bedroom also loft chop chop and seen your not busy you can come up and fit it all for me lol

no prob m8, ill come a week ago last wednesday, just after sorting my toe nails out

@digidude

I've just posted this in @Bally12345 thread which is simular to this n would be interested in any comments re: the Cable side of things, or do you just stick to the Sat side when distributing?

Faceplates Modular or otherwise don't seem to cater for Cable distribution in the same way they do for Sat! Sat modules are able to filter signals to be able to run Sat n DTV signals down the same cable, but this filters out the Cable signals in my experience. I simply drill out a blank n fix a F-Type barrell to create an unfiltered connection if needed.

So If I were to create a double faceplate from modules to give me the most options to do whatever I wanted I would have 4 1/4 modules 2 would be CatX, 1 would be Sat n DTV and 1 would be 2 unfiltered connections as above.

Cheers

@ Digi

would that switch give me the same results as a 12 seperate connections from the LNB?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

just measured up

need 50m of Cat 5e

200m of RG6 for the sat/cable/dtv

50m of phone cable

does anyone know of any tuts/links that i could read so i can leanr how to split the master phone socket so i can run landline phone into each room :) thanks

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

yeah i know about cordless phones but its just a thought that while i'm doing it i may aswell add it in?

so just use UTP cat5e for 'net and phone?

how does that work for connectiong to the phone line?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Those are the cables I've run in my house. The SLX sat cable is nice and looks like a decent cable but the UTP cable is not screened so make sure that you have adequate protection to stop any interference from other cables.

In any area's where the cat5e cable comes close to power cables I've shielded them in cheap pvc conduit.

yeah i know about cordless phones but its just a thought that while i'm doing it i may aswell add it in?

so just use UTP cat5e for 'net and phone?

how does that work for connectiong to the phone line?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

It's common to use Cat5e for telecoms in larger PBAX systems espesially, You can use a BT Master or Slave module but consider just using a standard Cat5e module in secondary locations. You then have a multipurpose connection that can be changed with an adapter.

I would run all Cat5e back to a patch bay, I would also run telecoms into patchbay then you could patch a telephone ext to any Cat5e socket.

It's common to use Cat5e for telecoms in larger PBAX systems espesially, You can use a BT Master or Slave module but consider just using a standard Cat5e module in secondary locations. You then have a multipurpose connection that can be changed with an adapter.

I would run all Cat5e back to a patch bay, I would also run telecoms into patchbay then you could patch a telephone ext to any Cat5e socket.

sorry mate but all of that went straight over the top of my head :grab:

i'm a dumbfuck, i'm just a humble grass cutter!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

No worries m8, I take for granted the knowledge I've gained over the years and just expect people to find it straight forward coz I do! LOL

This is a small Patch bay Example:
12-Port Patch Panel - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys

All my Cat5e cables would terminate @ a central location to one of these, number of ports would depend on number of cables required. I would also have a network switch @ same central location n use a short patch cable to link patchbay socket to switch creating my computer network.

I would have my Master BT socket in that same central location and run off that to the Patchbay to create 3 sockets for Slave Tel exts. I could then patch a link between a Slave Tel socket n any Cat5e Socket in the Patchbay, so to any location around the Property. At the location I had patched the Slave Tel to I could either use a snapin Slave Tel Module or Cat5e Module with a Cat5e to BT adapter.

By having a Cat5e socket Instead BT socket you have a multi use option with Cat5e by using an Adapter you can have Network, Tel, Audio, or Video down that same Cat5e cable. Gizmo's to perform these functions of course cost but I like options from my cale infrastructure.

so my then my 'net and phone run from the same place

looks far easier to run ethernet cable than phone line! lol

so in each room on the wall plates it'll be Sat 1 Sat 2 DVB-T DVB-C Tel Net

equipment that i'll need is

Patch panel
router

sorry mate but what cable/adapter do i need to connect the master socket to the patch panel?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

sorry mate but what cable/adapter do i need to connect the master socket to the patch panel?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

If you take the face of a Standard BT Master Socket you should see 6 punch down terminals for connecting an extension! Use a length of Cat5e Cable and run from those terminals to your Patchbay you only need numbers 2 to 5 really as per the telephone wiring info I posted. Match the Numbers to the Patchbay Cat5e Socket 2 to 2 3 to 3 etc. that would give you 1 patchable ext. What I do is use 3 Sockets in the PatchBay n just link the 3 Sockets with that same Cable.

I've got the bit's, I'll cable up n example later n take a pic might be easier to understand!

Back