another sammy 2100

still needs mac mot mate. madmanc would be better to use our version of ocd but then I don't think it was an error 43 problem with this other version. Can't remember.

My apologies mate, I stand corrected, am b*llxed so mind is wandering a bit, have got so intrigued I installed ocd to remind me, I'm idle use a funcard, lol.

Muskrat

If it wont connect this time, could you get the box very near to the comp and plug the jtag directly into the LPT port, you may have to remove the metal cowling from the tag but it would count any cable fault out if you are using one.

Muskrat

Just re-read one of your posts madmanc and noticed that you said you had built your jtag.
Did you connect pins 15+8 (I think) of the 25 way connector?

Chookey

If it wont connect this time, could you get the box very near to the comp and plug the jtag directly into the LPT port, you may have to remove the metal cowling from the tag but it would count any cable fault out if you are using one.

Muskrat

box is sat on top of the pc matey.... instaled 2.4.7 and still exact same shit lol/...

not sure wat metal cowling ou mean lead from pcb is going into lpt port at momemt other end soldered to 2100c

box is sat on top of the pc matey.... instaled 2.4.7 and still exact same shit lol/...

not sure wat metal cowling ou mean lead from pcb is going into lpt port at momemt other end soldered to 2100c

On mine there's a metal cowling to join it to a cable, sorry mate, I noticed chookeys post about the tag being your own.

Muskrat

If you got mac mot running, give SDT a go, you got nothing to loose and I've found that sometimes ocd wont connect but SDT will

Muskrat

yes matey done that
In that case if you are still getting the error mate it only leaves a couple of possibilities.
as....
Your 2100 seems to be in debug mode ok.
You have mac mot running
You have a known good version of ocd.
Your pc is in epp mode.
You have set ocd connection as muskrats.

Connections of your jtag may be at fault or your jtag itself.
Wrong lpt port selected........doubtful.

I'm pretty stumped now mate but hoping some smartass will read this later and find the problem elsewhere. Gonna have 1 more port and brandy and go to bed.

Chookey

lol gimme a port and brandy aswell lol...

if i try diff lpt port i get error 43 if i use port 1 (pc only got 1) i get fail to initialise.

i will make another jtag tomorow or saturday in case but im sure all is good there i will also try another pc...

thanks you guys for your time and help really gratefull im gonna have a quick drink and hit the hay got work at 8 lol

thx again

Good luck mate but give samsung debug tool a bash before you get the soldering iron out, or delete ocd and delete all entries from the registry and re-install the older version , there may be a later dll or the like in there giving you bother.

Regards

Muskrat

Last edited:
lol gimme a port and brandy aswell lol...

if i try diff lpt port i get error 43 if i use port 1 (pc only got 1) i get fail to initialise.

i will make another jtag tomorow or saturday in case but im sure all is good there i will also try another pc...

thanks you guys for your time and help really gratefull im gonna have a quick drink and hit the hay got work at 8 lol

thx again
Sorry we couldn't get it sussed mate. Just to add my port is set to ecp. I reckon its something simple that we're missing, just too knacked to realise it.
Not saying give up on the jtag, far from it but being without a tv is naff, surely you know a member from Manchester who can do the funcard trick for you just for now. There are a lot on here

Chookey
Oops just remembered that I went through a re-install not so long back. Wiggler jtags need the epp setting and according to Macgraigor will not work in ecp mode.

Last edited:
Sorry we couldn't get it sussed mate. Just to add my port is set to ecp. I reckon its something simple that we're missing, just too knacked to realise it.
Not saying give up on the jtag, far from it but being without a tv is naff, surely you know a member from Manchester who can do the funcard trick for you just for now. There are a lot on here

Chookey

Isn't it bloody maddening to be so close Chookey?

@madmanc. Sorry from me too mate, but to satisfy my curiousity, try sdt later if you could, thanks

Regards

Muskrat

Isn't it bloody maddening to be so close Chookey?

@madmanc. Sorry from me too mate, but to satisfy my curiousity, try sdt later if you could, thanks

Regards

Muskrat
maddening and bloody frustrating mate, lol.
Thats' the problem with trying to help from a distance, you want to get hands on but you can't. You know your jtag is good cos its' tried and tested, as are your settings.

Maddening as it is for us it must be hellish for madmanc........no aerial.

Chookey

maddening and bloody frustrating mate, lol.
Thats' the problem with trying to help from a distance, you want to get hands on but you can't. You know your jtag is good cos its' tried and tested, as are your settings.

Maddening as it is for us it must be hellish for madmanc........no aerial.

Chookey

You know whats teed me off and I bet you as well, that within 30 mins with a funcard, less probably, he could be back to normal.

Muskrat

You know whats teed me off and I bet you as well, that within 30 mins with a funcard, less probably, he could be back to normal.

Muskrat
10 minutes at most muskrat. As madmanc points out he hasn't got the equipment to program a funcard. I reckon he's earned his elite status through work he's carried out in the console section and has only just started with cable tv.....mainly through circumstance.
Playing about with this jtag problem will I believe hook him anyway. Once you get a bit of success you are not going to have anyone else do your box for ya.

Gonna see a lot more of him in this section I feel.

Chookey

10 minutes at most muskrat. As madmanc points out he hasn't got the equipment to program a funcard. I reckon he's earned his elite status through work he's carried out in the console section and has only just started with cable tv.....mainly through circumstance.
Playing about with this jtag problem will I believe hook him anyway. Once you get a bit of success you are not going to have anyone else do your box for ya.

Gonna see a lot more of him in this section I feel.

Chookey

Hope we see more of him, and, as you say you don't get elite for nowt.

@madmanc. If I was you mate have a general shout, one of us lot is bound to be near, if they have a proggy and a fun but can't set net id's gimme a shout mate, it takes seconds to create a net id int eep file.

Regards

Muskrat

hi all, i've just started reading the thread and i havent seen a mention of resetting the box by shorting the battery. (might be wrong) that might be the problem!
failing that is there nobody near oldham can make a fun for him?

hi all, i've just started reading the thread and i havent seen a mention of resetting the box by shorting the battery. (might be wrong) that might be the problem!
failing that is there nobody near oldham can make a fun for him?

i desoldered the - side for 2-3mins. and wire 10 sec to each side after that.

try std and also gives error conection

i desoldered the - side for 2-3mins. and wire 10 sec to each side after that.

try std and also gives error conection

Hi madmanc,

Thanks for trying that for me, would suspect the tag or something to do with it now then.

@stevekell6. You don't have to short or desolder battery, the 2100/2110 can be reset back to defaults by holding 4 buttons down and plugging it in. The machine must have reset as net id shows as 09999.

Regards

Muskrat

Back