another sammy 2100

ive only used the funcard method dont know about using ocd, only used that to run the macro for the red button problem.
are all of the wires soldered correctly, no overspill onto any of the other connections also make sure that the jtag is positioned correctly into the printer port. error 43 is no connection

ive only used the funcard method dont know about using ocd, only used that to run the macro for the red button problem.
are all of the wires soldered correctly, no overspill onto any of the other connections also make sure that the jtag is positioned correctly into the printer port. error 43 is no connection

ok tried another pc and another jtag still same problem.
its not error 43 i get press ok in ocd and it gives a failed to initialise error 10 03 i think it was.

im starting to wonder if itd the box not going into debug mode.

i insert power wate for ld20 then hold for 5 seconds (usually just as ld40 comes on) then from 1 minute roughly the led goes from red to green.

nothing on display. if i plug a scart lead into it its hung on the black screen saying just powering up.

its really pissin me off now lol its gonna get the hammer soon lol....

thx guys aprreciate it

Error Response from INITIALIZE: 0x03 initialize_target : cable disconnected (10 :

thats the exact messahge i get....

your connection is wrong somewhere m8, if you disconnect your jtag from your pc and open up ocd you will get the same response!
have you def got mac_mot running

yes deffo mot is running matey ive checked the jtag 1000 times and it seems ok
i even built a spare and thats the same

made it from jimmy tut using a 72L244 the part number for maplins in the tut.

i also only have 1 0v wire to pin 20 in the box. i take it this is correct and doesnt need all the points linking??

make sure you have set the jtag up correctly;

vcc = pin2
tdi = pin5
tms = pin7
tck = pin9
tdo = pin13
gnd = pin4-20

ground wire goes on any of the back pins 4 - 20

yes matey thats exactley as i have it

made jtag from this tut https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/3113/6 its an ok tut but like so many other tuts it presumes you havea clue what your doing already.and not very clear as to what to do precisely.

i think im gonna put these 2 tags in bin to be honest i used the 74LS244N
like it says in tut. been reading tho that there best for pace and the 74HC244
are better for the sammy. i also came across another tut in another thread and it only lists the hc and not the ls.

i think ill make a new jtag from that tut.

whats the best card programmer for these sammies? think ill inves in 1 this week. and aswell as a card programmer a jtag is there out else ill need?

if any one has a good diagram for the making of a jtag for these 2100 series can they please post it up for me?

cheers for all the help guys.... for now i am defeated im off to bed lol

Last edited by a moderator:
will the jtag refered to in this tut be ok for use with the 2100 please?

Last edited:
fraid you've lost me now, getting a bit technical for me! but it would be a lot easier to buy a universal jtag from tmc £12.50 inc p&p quick delivery. or saving that get the infinity usb unlimited here £25 inc p&p http://www.saverstore.com/productinfo/Product.aspx?product_id=20013923&rstrat=1
thats the easiest way i would go!
otherwise looks like you are chasing your tail, if you buy that gear and it still doesnt work you have wasted your time & money

How to jtag a Sammy 2100 (includes build a jtag , use & diags)

Hope it helps

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
well guys i tried 4 diff jtags all the same.im lost now lol

still a little unsure of the full procedure but ill keep going lol itts now a full blown war and it wont beet me lol.

heres what im doing.

short battery to reset

frequency is correct net id is 09999

connect jtag to pc and 2100

power on 2100 wate for ld20 hold ch down for 5 seconds and let go

wte for power led to go green

start mot mac

start ocd

error cable lol not error 43. error about initalise.

all the above is with no cable feed just card and power

any one see a flaw any where?? cheers cant be jtag isue tho goto be a s illy oversite.....

thx guys ps i got bbc1 etc now lol..... put a rf on end of cable lol and into a freeview box lol...............

well guys i tried 4 diff jtags all the same.im lost now lol

still a little unsure of the full procedure but ill keep going lol itts now a full blown war and it wont beet me lol.

heres what im doing.

short battery to reset

frequency is correct net id is 09999

connect jtag to pc and 2100

power on 2100 wate for ld20 hold ch down for 5 seconds and let go

wte for power led to go green

start mot mac

start ocd

error cable lol not error 43. error about initalise.

all the above is with no cable feed just card and power

any one see a flaw any where?? cheers cant be jtag isue tho goto be a s illy oversite.....

thx guys ps i got bbc1 etc now lol..... put a rf on end of cable lol and into a freeview box lol...............

Good on yer mate, dont let the barsteward beat you, procedure looks all fine, only difference is that when I hold the down button at ld20 I think it goes to ld40 before I let go, gonna dig out the 2100 now to test, will report back shortly.

[EDIT] Have tried the 2100, no tag connected though, hold down button at ld20, display goes to ld40 then goes blank but standby button stays red, may turn green after a while or when it connects, can't remember, but thats the way I have always put them into debug mode, ld20 - down button till ld40 and display goes blank then connect.

Muskrat

Last edited:
@madmanc i always hold until i get ld14 then let go always worked for me m8
do you have samsung debug tool just to try it could be a issue with ocd and not the jtag

Last edited:
@madmanc i always hold until i get ld14 then let go always worked for me m8
do you have samsung debug tool just to try it could be a issue with ocd and not the jtag

lol m8 hold what ?? ive tried holdin em and praying lmao......

but ill give that a go now lol

lol m8 hold what ?? ive tried holdin em and praying lmao......

but ill give that a go now lol

channel up down together till ld14 in led then let go m8 and wait till red standby light then in debug

Back