another dvb-c noob

hi mate, dvd dream is set up and running....

If i can help you then i can.

If it's scanning and not finding any thing then we'll have to work on that 1st i geuss, as for vplug you select it top right and then go to plugins and make sure it's runing and installed in the correct folders etc.

I have the *ahem* files that you need for the other channels.

i'm sure we can get it working mate

i know i installed some other bda drivers as well...will have a looksy

Sorry - about the lack of response.
I have rolled back to vista - didn't make any difference - so restored windows 7.

there are 3 vista drivers on terratecs website.
the oldest 2 cause dvb dream to open in offline mode because it can't detect the card.
The newest 1 allows dvb dream to open ok and the card is detected - ok

i can confirm qam64 (5) is selected in dvb dream.

i think i have got vplug installed ok - along with the file that it asks for - but i will never know until it finds a bloody channel!!

will try horizontal polarity later on mytheatre.

I am considering trying xp out - just been a bit busy lately.

thanks again to you all

Hi
dont know if you tried this but had simular problem with a dvb-t card had it in the wrong pci slot as far as i could work out it has to go into the first one. Dont ask me why but it worked.

Hope this isn't the case because my 9800gt cooler is in the way of slot 1.

just tried it in slot 1 using onboard x1250 graphics. NO SIGNAL!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hi mate,

I was having the same problems as you as i originaly had a DVB - T (FTA Card) in my pc and i tried for ages to get it to search for a signal/channel.

I then removed the TV card (FTA) and just left the DVB-C card in how ever it was still finding my old card.

Formatted (yeah i know drastic) installed XP and away i went....

now when i select the card i can see it listed....

tunercard4.jpg

(this is under scan for new channels)

i also had to click on this bit and i notice that before when i looked at this there was a few in here, like yours but after a format then the only on that appeareed is this one) i had to click start like....

tunercard1.jpg

i'm not suggesting that you format but i'm strongly thinking it's a driver problem......something to do with the DBA drivers.....

have a look in here and see if it's listed and that

tunercard3.jpg

Last edited:
also to get vplug working i have the following, but as you say you need to get channels working 1st....

vplug1.jpg

when you start dvbdream do you see your card listed along the top

tunercard2.jpg

@ dibbers

cheers mate.

every screen shot you posted shows exactly the same as mine.

I agree - it is probably driver related.

will have to try a clean install later

have done that.
device manager now thinks i have a cinergy s2 pci
terratec homecinema still sees a cinercy C dvb-c - no signal
dvb dream starts in offline mode
mytheatre detects a cinergy c pci - no signal

progDVB detects a cinergy C pci
if i lock 539000 - 6952 and then scan
progdvb picks something up --- yeahh

bid up tv, ppv2 - I was still unable to view anything though.

will post a screenshot later - i am at work at the mo.

hopefully I will get this POS card doing something useful at some stage

hi mate, so you done a fresh install. have you started the DBA drivers ? man we gotta get this working!

just on a side note, have you got the cable feed into the card, and no splitters and all that, ? i got a 5 way splitter and it was a mare for a modem and cable box to work.....just wonderign that's all

no fresh install yet

thats tomorrows job when missus is on night shift.

feed is split between modem and card - have tried direct and it made no difference.

ok man, maybe give me remote some time and i'll dive in and have a look, not a pro as you know, but i can defo have a look mate....can't promise any thing like...but worth a go mate...

omg

just reinstalled dvb-c driver instead of dvb-s driver and dvb dream is scanning and finding stuff

looking good

well every frequency returtned the exact same channels.
nothing was viewable.
rebooted and rescanned and it went back to 'no signal'.
fresh xp install tonite.

at least i can see now that this is clearly a driver problem

Back