another dvb-c noob

well every frequency returtned the exact same channels.
nothing was viewable.
rebooted and rescanned and it went back to 'no signal'.
fresh xp install tonite.

at least i can see now that this is clearly a driver problem

here's an old bradford dbox service file.....the services under the frequency 539000 khz seem to match the ones u posted so try some of the other frequencies

View attachment 45795

cheers

cheers for that.

I ve done a clean install of xp tonite and the card behaves exactly the same.

progdvb is the only thing that that picks up channels - and it only does that when i install the dvb-s2 driver.

just restoring 7 beta now. If i cant get anything working tonite - its going back - I shouldn't have to fook around like this.

cheers

sparky

got it working - in a fashion

dvb-c driver installed - ok

prog dvb works a treat but it doesn't seem to like the ini transponder list
dvb dream tunes and finds loads of channels but wont play any of them.

the solution - vplug

cheers all for your help.

I am considering purchasing dvb-viewer any comments?

got it working - in a fashion

dvb-c driver installed - ok

prog dvb works a treat but it doesn't seem to like the ini transponder list
dvb dream tunes and finds loads of channels but wont play any of them.

the solution - vplug

cheers all for your help.

I am considering purchasing dvb-viewer any comments?

Try this for prog dvb, follow instructions!View attachment 45811

dvb dream do as https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/197241/ post 2 you want 5D01

dvbviewer is very good, play with the two you got for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
good to hear you got it working ! nice one man.

(i haven't managed to get DVB viewer working, lol, so I'm sticking with dvb dream for now mate)

all good now - just wanted vplug setting up in order for it to work.

thanks to you all for your time.

dvb viewer is easily the best.

dibbers -The transponder file for dvb viewer doesnt go in the \dvbviewer\transponders folder

maybe this is why you cant get it working

it goes in program data\cmuv\dvbviewer\transponders

hi mate, any chance of a hand on getting it working....think i'm a little lost on what i'm looking for......

I'd love to help - afterall, if it wasn't for everybodys help on this forum then i wouldn't have got dvb-c working at all.

below is my mini guide for setting up dvbviewer

1) install vplug (mine is in d:\vplug)

2) open d:\vplug\vplug.ini and find the filespath entry (about 13 lines down)
filespath=d:\vplug​

3) add the files to the vplug that were not allowed to post or ask for(key)

4)all dvb apps only need the vplug.dll and the vplug.ini from d:\vplug copying into the plugins folder ( good for experimenting with more than one dvb app).

5) Dvbviewer ignores the \dvbviewer\transponders folder. For vista or win7,
the transponders file needs to go in c:\program data\cmuv\dvbviewer\transponders. For XP - this location will probably be different. Open Transedit and click save as
View attachment 46131

This should show you the path where your transponder file needs to go.

i'll include my transponder file and channel list ( no adult channels)View attachment 46132

Hope this helps

very much appreciated that mate....how ever...lolol....you was waitfing for that wasn't you?

urm, well a good thing is that now when i open dvb viewer, i see that vplug works just like it does with dvb dream...and i've installed your channel list so i can select the channels and that but i don't get any thing....

vplug says

[18/04/2009 12:07:14] dvbviewer4.0.0.0:BBC ONE - Timeout… This PID is empty. Rescan...

but when i go to channel scan then after i've selected scan frequency i see that it picks up something as i get a green bar....but when i go to scan range, it never finds any thing....i'm so close i guess....

i was thinking i might be able to copy the files from dvb dream to dvb viewer?

Thanks buddy

View attachment 46161

this shows a screen grab of dvb viewer about to scan my transponders file.

pressing the scan range button would pick all my channels up

hope you get it sorted

mmmm looking at mine i can't see the correct transponder, i tried putting the one that you uploaded in there and yet i can't select it in the drop down menu...

trans.jpg

have you tried opening transedit and selecting saveas to find the correct folder for the transponder file??

urm no, can't find it...man super n00b attack...where would it be?

had to download it and i've installed transedit into dvb viewer, if i go to save then it saves in program files>dvb viewer>transponders....

i've opened your file (virmin.ini) in there and i'm currently scanning...i think..lolol

Last edited:
in dvb viewer i opened about > config folder, and noticed that there was a folder there also called transponders, i plopped your ini file in there and then when i went to scan i can then select virmin, i scan and it finds 299 channels and after it finished I'm still getting vplug saying timeout pid empty > rescan.....

gotta be close!

done another scan and called that my scan and then loaded it and wallah worked.....

thanks buddy...

is it a case of manual editing the channels and that now as there all over...

chan.jpg

Last edited:
Hi mate,

I was having the same problems as you as i originaly had a DVB - T (FTA Card) in my pc and i tried for ages to get it to search for a signal/channel.

I then removed the TV card (FTA) and just left the DVB-C card in how ever it was still finding my old card.

Formatted (yeah i know drastic) installed XP and away i went....

now when i select the card i can see it listed....

tunercard4.jpg

(this is under scan for new channels)

i also had to click on this bit and i notice that before when i looked at this there was a few in here, like yours but after a format then the only on that appeareed is this one) i had to click start like....

tunercard1.jpg

i'm not suggesting that you format but i'm strongly thinking it's a driver problem......something to do with the DBA drivers.....

have a look in here and see if it's listed and that

tunercard3.jpg

right noticed your pic and shows bda 2.1.0 mine only shows 2.0 how can i get bda 2.1.0 think this could be my problem

Back