another dvb-c noob

sparky2002

Inactive User
Reaction score
as warned in dibbers thread i have bought a terratec cinergy hd dvb-c.
I have it installed with the latest driver.

I have downloaded dvb dream and prog dvb and also vplug.

progdvb seems to hang, dvbdream scans but finds nothing, I am completely new here and have absolutely no idea what I am doing.
Vplug asks for a file that i assume I am not allowed to ask for (keys).

I can say I am ex-telewest with a doncaster UBR and a S64 post code.

someone please help - i'm pulling my hair out!!.

forgot to say - i am running windows 7.

Last edited:
as warned in dibbers thread i have bought a terratec cinergy hd dvb-c.
I have it installed with the latest driver.

I have downloaded dvb dream and prog dvb and also vplug.

progdvb seems to hang, dvbdream scans but finds nothing, I am completely new here and have absolutely no idea what I am doing.
Vplug asks for a file that i assume I am not allowed to ask for (keys).

I can say I am ex-telewest with a doncaster UBR and a S64 post code.

someone please help - i'm pulling my hair out!!.

forgot to say - i am running windows 7.

never used any of the above progs, used ritzdvb, my theatre currently use the technotrend app on my pc and vista on my media centre but u need to set up a transpnder.ini file or manually put in ur frequencies and symbol rate for ur area......got a local dbox service file....this will tell u all ur frequencies.....need this to successfully scan.....i don't use softcam anymore and never used vplug.....

many thanks for that.

Do i need to look elsewhere for the services file or is it available right here on this forum??

south yorkshire

s64 0dr

sorry willin - missed your post.

i have no idea what symbol rate i am.

found this on another page

South Yorks. TW 40964 539.000

Last edited:
south yorkshire

s64 0dr

sorry willin - missed your post.

i have no idea what symbol rate i am.

found this on another page

South Yorks. TW 40964 539.000

ur symbol rate is 6952 u can stick ur default frequency 539.000 and sym rate in the transponder file just to make sure the scan picks up this transponder and channels then set up a file +/- 8.000 from 539.000

Last edited:
thanks

do i need to enter 40964 539.000 in somewhere aswell??

Here View attachment 45702is a transponder file 6952 for dvbdream, It's in txt format, but that dont matter for DVBDream, Open this with an editor (say wordpad, word etc) select all the text (Ctrl +A) then copy this to clipboard (Ctrl +C). Then navigate to the 5000.ini file in dvbdream, my computer/C or whatever letter your hard disk is/dvbdream/transponders/5000.ini. We need to delete all the text in there so (Ctrl +A) then delete at the keyboard. Then (Ctrl +V) to paste the text from the clipboard, then save the file, file/save as/5000.ini then do a scan and see if it picks up anything.

i'm getting peed off with this.
using the bruteforce file above - I can see it scan each each frequency on 6952 and then 6887. every time dvb dream returns no signal.

thank you all for your help.

been messing around all night with this.
think i'm going to send it back.

All i get is no signal.

been messing around all night with this.
think i'm going to send it back.

All i get is no signal.

A couple of thigs to try, in DVBDream options/device/BDA Native your card should be listed at the bottom click on start (is the card listed at the top when you start DVBDream?? it should be). options/frequency list is it dvbc europe? it should be. options/transponders, satellite should be 5000-dvb-c europe, you should see the frequencies etc listed, stange that you get no signal at all, are you sure the feed is ok, try the cable direct to the card with no splitters (if you can).

will try this later on.

I think the signal should be ok - because i am using the pass thru on the card to feed my cable box (sammy 2110c). Cable box is still working fine.

cheers

will try this later on.

I think the signal should be ok - because i am using the pass thru on the card to feed my cable box (sammy 2110c). Cable box is still working fine.

cheers

just put ur default frequency and 6952 in the transponder file, keep trying this it'll be quicker than a full bruteforce scan and it should show some services....

try a different app like my theatre (free trial version, shows 1st hour) just to chk card

View attachment 45712

@ willin

View attachment 45713

this shows the device listed as you described

the frequency list gives me the options of 5044 - telewest or 5000 - bruteforce(from the instructions posted earlier)

@ neathdrew

View attachment 45714

this shows a scan with mytheatre

thankyou both for your help

if i'm being thick - i apologise

@ willin

View attachment 45713

the frequency list gives me the options of 5044 - telewest or 5000 - bruteforce(from the instructions posted earlier)

@ neathdrew

View attachment 45714

All I can think of is signal or driver problem!! you'll have checked those though, I did have problems a while ago with 7 and BDA drivers, do you have xp or vista to try??

@ willin

View attachment 45713

@ neathdrew

View attachment 45714

stick the polarity in my theatre to horizontal

Do you have to select qam64 in one of the dropdowns? I'm sure I had to when I used DVBDream.

Do you have to select qam64 in one of the dropdowns? I'm sure I had to when I used DVBDream.

Yep, thats one to check, options/ frequency list/DVB-C europe/properties/ should be 5(= QAM64).

Back