Amiko Alien 2

abp1873

Inactive User
Reaction score
Will the enigma 2 image in Arthur Daley's excellent beginners guide for the Amiko Alien SHD-8900 work in the Aamiko Alien which I have just purchased and is the guide much the same for both alien's ?

No the 8900 is a single tuner the alien2 is twin or triple tuner

I don't have one here at the minute but if you tell me what you want from the image i will make you a backup if you want. failing that I use HDMU images as my base but I remove all the crap I don't need/want.

are you all happy with amiko alien ? I was thinking few time to get that gear allright

Great box at the price, there is a problem with some HD channels that there is no plans from the chip manufacturer to rectify, this may be fixed when Sky change a sat sometime in Oct/Nov.
It also looks like the lack of Enigma 2 support will kill this box in the long run.
I am still using the twin/triple tuners for customers but no longer stocking the 8900, I have just taken deliver of the relativly new Optibox M7. first impressions are great and it has a Mips chips so the support should be great.

Just bought Amoko Alien 2 installed with spark and cross EPG so was hoping to find easiest image to install for smoothest running of box posiible

i prefer the HDMU images, I find the Satstation images lag to much.

Thanks Blueirish and Champion downloaded both images and will keep them stored but just now my box is running really smooth just now so its a wait and see just now.

Thanks to you both your help is much appreciated.

Back