Amazon bricks long-standing Fire TV apps with latest update

Only ever tried the 1 gen firestick and wasn’t keen. Prefer Android box’s personally.

Only ever tried the 1 gen firestick and wasn’t keen. Prefer Android box’s personally.

I like my Android box, but for the £19 I paid for my firestick lite, I can't knock it.

Sneaker..please can I ask how you blocked the updates.

I used this app by Tech doctor. It only works on later firesticks and the cubes, It won't work on 1st and 2nd gen firesticks. Here's the latest vid 2023.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• FireOSUpdateBlocker_1.1.rar
    838.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I like my Android box, but for the £19 I paid for my firestick lite, I can't knock it.
All depends on what your needs are in a device. They are cheap though but lacking in what I need from a device.

im sure there will be a way , not me but people are so clever these days ..

I used this app by Tech doctor. It only works on later firesticks and the cubes, It won't work on 1st and 2nd gen firesticks. Here's the latest vid 2023.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
So with this do you need to do this everytime you turn on your firecube?..because I turn off my firecube every night from the socket as I don't like having devices in standby? Cheers..I think i got this installed on my firecube..

Cant seem to clear updates ..on my 2nd gen firecube?

Attachments

• 20240307_235649.jpg
    20240307_235649.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
It won't clear updates, just prevent any future ones. I installed it ages ago when they started rolling out the chromecast look.
I've never used his update wiper so can't offer any help. Amazon have been throwing out updates to block his hacks, I assume that's why it isn't working for you.

Last edited:
Ah ok..so won't work with latest fw on firecube thst amazon have just pushed onto mine..

Back