Amazon’s 3rd-gen Fire TV Cube

Joe Noodles

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazon has unveiled a range of new products at its annual event, including the 3rd-generation Fire TV Cube, a smart speaker and streaming box hybrid.
The new streaming box is available to pre-order from today for $139.99/£139.99, and will be on-sale on 25 October 2022 in the US.
The next generation of the Cube comes with a new octa-core 2.0 GHz processor, which Amazon claims makes the device up to 20% more powerful, and boosts app launch speeds.
This product features both a HDMI-input and output – the previous gen only housed the latter. This means that you can use the Cube with other devices besides your TV, including set-top boxes, Blu-ray players, and more.
Fire-TV-Cube-Product-3.jpg

Amazon's 3rd-gen Fire TV Cube has new upscaling technology

I would only have 4gb ram minimum on an Android device tbh.

As far as I can see it still does not [lay music independently from the TV one of the most requested features

I still wouldn’t buy one tbh.

If they had upgraded the ram to 3/4gb id of bought one when they were on offer.

I dont mind the Fire range but they continually upgrade CPU's but not the size of the ram.

If they had upgraded the ram to 3/4gb id of bought one when they were on offer.

I dont mind the Fire range but they continually upgrade CPU's but not the size of the ram.
Have you used a Cube? They are much faster than the firesticks

Yes mate i had one for a month or so and passed it on to my grandson. Prefer android boxes running a AndroidTV rom with S905x4 4gb/64gb much quicker in my opinion.
I have a shield but its ott for what use it for, the cube will be just do as good

I have had Gt king for three years now and hasn’t missed a beat tbh. Got it for £100 from Aliexpress. 4gb ram and no bloatware.

Back