New Amazon fire tv/stick updates disable firestarter

Rumpelstiltskin.

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazon Updates Fire TV Devices With Quicker App Access
April 4, 2016 - Written By Justin Diaz
If you own an Amazon Fire TV device, whether that be the Fire TV or the Fire TV stick, Amazon is updating the software on both to version 5.0.5.1 which brings in a focus on giving users quicker access to applications. Also in this latest software update, it seems Amazon has been aware of the amount of sideloaded apps that users have been putting onto their devices and wants to make the experience of finding them that much easier than it apparently has been prior to this update. While sideloading apps may be easy for some but difficult for others, it sounds as if finding them on the device is not as simple as navigating through the apps which are downloaded straight from the app store on either product.

Essentially, getting to all of your applications can now be done through a simple double tap of the home button on the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick remote. With the most recent software update Amazon has initiated this as a quick shortcut, however you can still go about accessing all of your installed applications through the standard method that has always been available. This is of course does not go for the third-party apps which have been sideloaded onto the device.

The good news is that as mentioned above, the software update that Amazon is now pushing out to those devices includes a new and much easier way of finding the apps which users hae manualy installed from other outside sources. If you enter into the recent apps menu, there should be a new visible option for “manually installed applications.” You may not have a lot of third-party apps which have been sideloaded, but all that could be all the more reason why getting to sideloaded apps in a simpler way is such a nice inclusion for many users, as they only have one and getting to it prior to this update could always have been a hassle. Since Amazon is currently rolling the software update out as of today, various users likely already have it, but if it hasn’t shown up on your device yet, not to worry, as it shouldn’t be long before you get the notification to install it.

Once rebooted disappears, to get back permanent
Need to hold home button
select my apps
select kodi
add to favs
then ok

Then shows in my recent apps

Nothing showing in my recent apps.
When I select my apps after holding the home button it opens the amazon app store weird.
On your home screen do you have an option near the bottom called apps.
As all my side loaded apps are in there. May have to factory reset as I have tinkered about with lots of side loaded apps and probably screwed it up a bit lol.

Do as I said
Hold the home button
You will now see settings my apps sleep etc
Select my apps
select code and select save as fav

Tried it several times after reboot just opens the amazon store when I select my apps from the sleep menu. All my sloaded apps work but I have to open them from the apps option near the bottom.

Do as I said
Hold the home button
You will now see settings my apps sleep etc
Select my apps
select code and select save as fav

Factory reset sorted all working correct now. Cheers

Noticed this the other day, I didn't really like firestarter but it made it easier to access kodi and update. Now its on my homescreen I'm more than happy. I use es explorer to download new apk if needed.

Back