Am I safe to buy an Elite and still be flashable

just got an elite today as i sold my core version with liteon in it to a mate.
the new one has one of the new drives and it flashed ok.
the jasper boards seem to run a lot cooler so hopefully no probs will arise :)
mfr date was july 09 from argos

nice1 m8 pleased for you

The guy who was selling no longer has any and I also have not recieved confirmation of shipping yet starting to doubt if it will come. Well done to the other guy for getting a flashable, seems like argos had relatively old stock. Game were all September ones

hi. is the manufacturing date on the side of the box? or do u av to open box up?

if it has an august 09 manufacture date chances are its same for drive but there maybe older drives they have to use from stock so u may be lucky ...opening it up is the only true way to find out.

guess if there in units now they will all be built with them now.

Yes the date of manufacturer is viewable through the side window of the retail packaging so obviously go for the oldest one you get get your hands on. Mine was the 2009 03 09 (remember american formatiing)

2009-09-02 u think this cant be done guys?

Is that the manufacture date or the date on the drive. Some Ausgust DRIVES have been done and some not. It is likely that they have used an older drive anyway, but... disclaimer etc ;)

wot about the new limited edition 250gb models will they have this new drive in?

I have had a word..with a friend and as far as he know they have the liteon... my mate works for a game place..lol... but he is not sure what model.. drive is in them tho

If I change my drive to a BenQ from Lite-on with I be able to play on Xbox live?

Why can't I just flash my Lite-on?

My mate just went to tesco here in Dublin to pick up a new arcade, i was worried it might be aftr Aug 2009 Lite on.

Turns out this 360 was manufactured in Aug 2008 lol Lite-on 74850C

The idea behind spoofing is that if you need to call on your warranty you can put the original drive (with original firmware) back in as there is currently no way to put the drive back to virgin. Apparently it is detectable by MS but I am not sure if there have been confirmed bans for spoof only?

Cheers

ok in that case i will buy a BenQ today.

I already have a xbox opening tool and ive bought the VIA controller.

What do I need to read the drive key frm the Liteon? Has anyone got a link to where I can buy it at a reasonable price?

Back