After weeks of headache free 10 meg sb4200e!!!!

lol ello all after 3 hours of stress and launching my 4200e accross my room im back where i started im back on the sb4200e-0.4.3.4-scm03-nosh firmware now i can get to the hack page and put my hfc ip in but i have no idea how to get any further to get to the fibercoax page any more help would be greatfull!!

Last edited:
Thats the bit that is missing in the tut mate.
On the hackpage there is a window that has update firmware?? something like that.
Browse to the SB4200E-0.4.4.6-SCM00-shell.hex included in the rar file and hit update. Wait a while and the modem will reeboot.
Thats should be the fibercoax on your modem.
Then do the telnet commands. Hit enter after pasting the commands in each time.
Your getting there,just a bit more chucking and you'll be finished.

Pug i left out that folder to make it simpler. Could you check it as i might have messed it up the way you did it.
I thought so long as it was in the same folder as the boot exe it would be ok?

thats odd??? my sb4200e just rebooted by itself??? the mac is def good as it's on a list from an area where i get all my macs from??

tried to send you this reply last night mate and moth my clones wnet funny
It might be fault in the area as it happened once on my subbed a while back.
I hope so any ways....????? but if not??? does anyone want to buy a cheap modem.

lol its doing my tittys in this is lol ah well lol where do i type the telnet commands and what do i have to type when i get there cheers for your help name750

YEYYEYEYEYEY HEHEHE I GOT IT WORKING. only thing is i didnt do the telnet thing should i have to do the telnet thingy i now recieve the fibercoax page when i ping 192..etc this is what it says in the fcoax tab

Thanks to all who freely share their knowledge.
DOCSIS Configuration File Information
Configuration file on next boot: cmreg-ntlhm120-bund03.cm
Current 'Config' file name: cmreg-ntlhm120-bund03.cm

just checked my speed im only recieving 1.1 meg download speed is that right?! i thought it was spose be 10mb lol

just checked again i turned on edonkey and i am recieving about 150-180 download is this right? my upload is alot higher peeps are recieving 60.3 upload from me does this sound like a ten meg connection to you all?

Last edited:
Yeah that sounds about right for upload for 10 meg.
There is somehting funny going on.
Ten meg config and mac's are no where near ten for the last few days.
I used to test it all the time and would get 99% of the 10 meg.
Now the best i get is 2mb and then it slows right down while it's testing??

yeh mine too mate i dunno is it usually alot quicker i herd sumwer that they are updating all the system servers n that at ntl cud be summat do with that maybe?!?!

Back