Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ADSL Modem

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Got a adsl modem, the idea ws that if I plugged it into my netgear router then it would work better than ics and a lot of nics everytime I have to add another pc.

Ok router straight forward enough and works, but I have a strange problem with the modem where as you tpye http://10.0.0.2 to access it but 99% of the time if comes up page cannot be displayed... In fact I think I have only managed to access it twice in two days :(

If I cannot access it then I cannot configure it to connect to the line :(

Any Ideas please :)

You might have to do a full reset of the router, i got one to link the internet wirelessly it wouldnt work at first because it didnt correctly detect the modem/lan settings from my cablebox. After i did a full reset it worked fime....You can also go to the netgear website for help too if this isnt the problem...

The setup I am trying to do is :- x2 pc's connected together via a netgear router the router then also has the adsl modem connected to it. Doing my head in .. lol

I take it the modem supports a router, cos some dont , you would have to use one of the pc's to control the router in that case.

which model router do you have, and which model modem is it.

Router is a Netgear RP614, the modem I ws told was an epic ? But am trying to track down its exact make from the serial of 3ce159773 as there are no other markings on it.

Hook up one machine at a time and check if you can connect to the internal router interface. If one machine works and the other doesn't there might be some access problems in the router configuration (MAC address access restrictions and stuff)

Yeah I'll do that today sometime, finally got the info I need off bt, you know simple stuff like username and password :( Only took em 24 hours ;)

OK I can access router np from any machine, but i cannot access the modem at all :( Even if I plug it straight into the nic. I have unistalled sp2 in case this was the problem as well.

Right don't ask how but I dragged an old laptop out running xp, plugged the modem into it and am now posting through it :) Now to get it to work with router :(

OK all machines can access internet now np.... DC I believe will require port forwarding (how ever you do that).

Question though how do you file share now through the router ??? And Printer share ??

Also for forwarding ports its best to have a static ip for your machine (Yes) well I click on use this ip and I lose my internet connection.... ARHHHHHHHH...

HELP :(

Back