ADSL Modem

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a adsl modem, the idea ws that if I plugged it into my netgear router then it would work better than ics and a lot of nics everytime I have to add another pc.

Ok router straight forward enough and works, but I have a strange problem with the modem where as you tpye http://10.0.0.2 to access it but 99% of the time if comes up page cannot be displayed... In fact I think I have only managed to access it twice in two days :(

If I cannot access it then I cannot configure it to connect to the line :(

Any Ideas please :)

You might have to do a full reset of the router, i got one to link the internet wirelessly it wouldnt work at first because it didnt correctly detect the modem/lan settings from my cablebox. After i did a full reset it worked fime....You can also go to the netgear website for help too if this isnt the problem...

I take it the modem supports a router, cos some dont , you would have to use one of the pc's to control the router in that case.

which model router do you have, and which model modem is it.

Hook up one machine at a time and check if you can connect to the internal router interface. If one machine works and the other doesn't there might be some access problems in the router configuration (MAC address access restrictions and stuff)

OK all machines can access internet now np.... DC I believe will require port forwarding (how ever you do that).

Question though how do you file share now through the router ??? And Printer share ??

Also for forwarding ports its best to have a static ip for your machine (Yes) well I click on use this ip and I lose my internet connection.... ARHHHHHHHH...

HELP :(

Back