ADSL Modem

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a adsl modem, the idea ws that if I plugged it into my netgear router then it would work better than ics and a lot of nics everytime I have to add another pc.

Ok router straight forward enough and works, but I have a strange problem with the modem where as you tpye http://10.0.0.2 to access it but 99% of the time if comes up page cannot be displayed... In fact I think I have only managed to access it twice in two days :(

If I cannot access it then I cannot configure it to connect to the line :(

Any Ideas please :)

Hell of a setup :)
Usually u forward ports to ports, not to IP addresses.
got a screenshot of that setup-option ?

Hell of a screenshot, what can u change that entry "Services" to ? Sumtin like ports in that drop down list ?

Think I will format this machine and start again :( The other machines can see each other and also this one, this machine see ferk all :( As far as I can tell they are setup the same..... So wipe the slate and start again as this one originally had the bb connection, maybe thats why it's gone screwey maybe not.

Depending on the firewall, not all of them support port forwarding on a software basis. Out the windows are products like Zone Alarm, Sygate, Tiny, @Guard and theirlike. Would need some more expensive firewall solutions then. Effect would be the same, as if you would configure it in the router.

Since it will get tricky to get hold of those firewall products you might wanna have another go with the router.

Just one quick question:
What exactly do you need port forwarding for ?

Back