Acer E1-570 Laptop Screen

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK chaps I think I know what this is but just checking with you chaps

when I open fire up my laptop some times (but not always) the screen goes dark and like, its fading in and out, it that the degausser an the way out

cheers

Long time since I heard of degaussing associated with screen displays :) Liquid Crystal displays don't rely on magnets for deflection Napster so it isn't that. Degaussing was essential for cathode ray tubes and a simple degauss was carried out at switch on.

You may be thinking inverter but I reckon your laptop has LED backlighting so doesn't have one.

@chookey

daft question but could it be windows 10 in self, or the screen is on its way out

When I first read your post I thought it could well be a software problem, my last install of win 10 was throwing up all sorts of problems. Not waking up properly from sleep, mouse problems and all sorts.
I re-installed from scratch and it's perfect now so it get's backed up daily just in case. Firstly though when it's in the fault mode try applying light pressure around the edges of the screen as it may be a problem with the screen tabs

Back yours' up and try a fresh install and see if it helps for all the time it takes. I use Macrium Reflect.

Back