Accessing my router

Dbox8

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have installed a digital video recored with remote access. I have connected an access point (wireless gaming adapter) and can 'get into' the recorder no problem by typing the dvr's IP into the task bar. I am using a Belkin wireless router/modem. I now need to be able to access my router from 'outside' to view the pictures from my work pc or when I go abroad. A friend has done it using a dlink router so I know I will be able to. I am assuming it is in the settings of the router but I am clueless! Can anyone assist please? Ta!!

You are wanting to enable portforwarding to the recorder.
Check this page out for help: h^^p://www.portforward.com/routers.htm
Just find the correct or similar model under the 'belkin' heading and you'll soon have lots of information to help.

Excellent site! I now understand port forwarding. I can now access my router externally, just need to work out how to get into my dvr through my access point!!

Nice site m8 :) ta

How do you access the dvr locally? http? ftp? something else?
if you just use your browser to connect to dvr it should be a simple job to forward external ip port80(or whatever) --> internal ip port 80(or whatever)
same with ftp port 21. Should be the same for most ports. Also most routers have settings built in for certain programs you might hunt around your settings to find a similar programs settings to use/modify. Hope this helps

Back