A88, script and flash.. what works

chorusinfo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,
As some of ye may know.. i managed to mess up a BOD card over the w/end..
(I'm trying to test my ATMega card that I've created using nozzers challenge...
Kinda the first one I've done on my own... well i guess that's not strictly true either... but it's not just change of few parameters in nagra and write to card..)
I've just remembered that I've a ROM10 A88 card sitting in the press for a while and that I can use the matching box to test..
From what I read it's the same as an A86 card... but..
Can anyone recommend a flash and script that is known to work with an A88 card?
If i mess another one up it'll end up in the fire quicker than you can say "Invalid ATR" haha
Tnx for any suggestions
ci

Last edited:
I have just unlocked one of these using a dual unlooper with newD11x flash and TBC sidewinder programme-popped it in under 10 mins:)

Last edited:
Great.. i've been following that thread and was itching to use it...
I'll be using a powersync by TMC and i'll give it a go tomorrow night.
Thanks for the advise.
CI

I have a read of TBCs (Twobeercans) posts about the powersync for A86. He has made a flash specifically for these cards with the powersync.

edcase

Thanks TBC,,

So I'll take it I'd be better off using DOUBLEDTBC_R10_A86.rar with the powersync rather than your sidewinder program?

Btw I have a T911 with newd11x as well but I'm of the thinking that it's more suited for Rom11.

Thanks
Brian

sidewinder runs any flash that is on the loader but the reset rule mentioned in the thread stands, if you ignore it you risk killing your card!!

tbc

hello m8 i will tell u imanaged to open 20 A86 cards in 1 to 1and half hour with DOUBLE TBC flash and the script with it.
That thread was from my post but make sure your VCC is set below 20,1F,1E,1D,1C. and i guarantee u will deffiniatlypopthis card.:Kickassro

Thanks dash...

I'm looking forward to giving it a go.... how in gods name did you find 20 of those cards haha...

I'll have to do a bit of reading as I've no idea how to set the VCC below 20....

I would guess that there is some script i can run that will continuously output the VCC value as i adjust the pot?

I've ever only opened a handfull of cards and have never adjusted the T911 or Powersync I got from TMC they just kinda worked (magic)..

tnx
ci

To increase or decrease the VCC u should have a small screw in your looper.
To increase VCC turnclockwise and to decrease turn anticlockwise.
Only turn while the script is running and u will able to see this inthe progress bar whichwill pop as soon as the script start.

Make sure your winexplorer parameter setting is selected as MYLOOPER if u dont have post me here and i will upload for u m8.

We are allhere to help each other.

Thanks again to TBC who is the monutainof INFO:banana::banana::banana:

the MYLOOPER setting would be nice m8... I've just changed the default timeouts on the T911 that is included and it seemed to work..

the MYLOOPER setting would be appreciated. tnx

Thanks dash,

have had a look at this this morning,
I see the my looper settings has
Rec Timeout 3000
and Reset Delay of 100

The settings i was using....
my Rec Timeout was 900 (i guessed this cause the 500 i had for modded T911 was timing out i think)
and the Reset Delay was 10

All other parameters were same..

I'd be guessing either or will work?? and it's mainly the bauds and parity that need to be set for the 911 or powersync?

best settings 1000,0,50 < thats what i use

Morning guys..

I flashed DoubledTBC this morning no problem with a desktop machine.

However I know keep geting script timeouts...

Has anyone seen this happen before this this flas?
Is there something special i have to do?

I've tried flash a few times.. and still timeouts when i go glitching

I'm using the yellow powersync with 4dip switch (all off flashing, 1 on glitching)

btw.. the glitcher was working fine with newd11x last night with different rom card, cause i had a play about with it, so it's/was a working environment... so win98 compatibiltiy scripting engine and all that installed..

I think this A88 just doesn't want to open and give up the goods haha.

ideas anyone?

ok.. i gave up and moved on.. now trying the p47 flash and script,
flash went well and the glitching is now in progress ..

not sure why the other one would work though.. but least it's off doing something now..

Try the sidewinder on its own-trust me it worked a treat. Do you have a dual unlooper or T911? I locked an A86 again last night to test again and it popped in around 25 mins. I've only done 1 A88 but like I said it popped no bother. Only thing is you will get a 0 or 9D reading for BK now you've tried glitching

0 or 9D reading fro BK?
I'm glitching this card so I can get he Correct BK and Ird (mainly the BK) beause i've an atmega from nozzers challenge and i want to see if i managed it or not..
i've a T911 from tmc
and a powersync from tmc
it's currently glitching most of the moring with the powersync and p47 flash and script from tbc
reminds me of waiting for santa when i was a little un... haha

Last edited:
Hi all,,

Just to confirm.. the A88 opened around 1 o clock-ish started around 10 o clock,... about 3 hours

P47 flash and r10 testscriptP47...

thanks for all your help and efforts...

ci

Back