A/V Amp, HD Projector and 7.1 Speakers!!

:roflmao:

What's all that stuff about your Sammy plasma being only able to output audio to the Sammy 5.1 system? Does it use some kinda proprietary connector? I really hate it when manufacturers do that..

I caught that 85" plasma at some making house's show last year, it was awesome, much better and punchier than a PJ at the equivalent size. Tell you what I'll chip in the 299.00 and you can raise the rest, I'm sure we can come to some kind of time share agreement.

Hmm I think the general election may be a more important factor to consider when buying any item, if the emergency budget is painful, prices will come down for a short while before they shoot up. Prices would need to adjust for inflation or any other monetary measures the new government takes.

I saw a SD pic on a 50" LG and thought it was awful. For anything of that size you really should stick with Panasonic.

Have you seen the guy down in Scunthorpe selling professional 60" Pioneer plasma's? the last one sold for around £3.3k

Yeh the Samsung Speakers as far as I know only connect to the Samsung Sub which has the built in amp. So you cant just use the tallboy speakers with another amp nor can I replace the DVD player with a Blu Ray player have buy whole new system!!

Post a link to a 60"+ Panasonic and also why is the Pioneer a Professional Plasma?

I haven't seen any 60" Panny's mate only 46" and 50" and they were excellent all rounders. Pop into a few shops and get some demo's. TLC have excellent rooms, well worth a trip. TBH there are many dealers that can give really good prices so it's well worth shopping around as well as the online.

Pioneer Elite PRO 151FD

It's beautiful. It's even got a built in Windows player that can play practically every file type including H264 :CRYBABY:

Munkey I can get a Pioneer PDP LX6090 for £3100 + £609 for 5 Year Warranty with D&G what you think? Only catch its ex-display but iv had a look and its in mint condition. Also the Sound Bar Speaker to go with it for £80.00 and was looking to get the KEF HT5005.2 and connect it using my Onkyo TX-SR507 that would be living room sorted!

Or theres the New Samsung PS63C7000 which is £2399.99 on pre order but think it will be £2999.99 when it hits the stores.

What you think? Im thinking the Pioneer!

Last edited:
Bally, you really thinking of spending around £3k on a telly? Feck mate that's a huge budget for a display!

I'll have to do some proper researching for you then

Thing is anything over 60" is around that price range anyway so theres no way around it unless we go for 55"

I'd be concerned that the TV's price would fall much faster than usual due to 3DTV being released. Bought today for £3k could be worth £1k in just 6 months, plus we added factor of some extremely difficult years ahead. Naturally you are only concerned about this if you think that you will either upgrade or sell in the next year or so.

Bally, a prime example of this is the 60" Pioneer 7th generation pro monitor that I bought for £800. In a blind test you could not tell the difference between that and a newer panel if setup correctly yet the newer ones cost four times as much just because they don the 1080p badge.

Spend your money wisely, it's difficult enough to earn.

3 grand is a lot but its very unlikely we will be upgrading it within 4/5 years the only way it will be changed if it goes faulty and replaced under extended warranty... The thing with all the TV is your paying a premimum for a feature we will hardly use... the Pro panels are hard to come by and dont have extended warranty... Oh and am I right they dont have a tuner either?

No tuner, no built in speakers but plenty of techno wizardry with instruction manuals as thicks as the bible. The consumer panels would be plenty for you though.

TBH it doesn't really get much better than the panel that you have chosen, it's pretty much top of the food chain.

65" 3D Panny available in July

Liking the sounds of the Panasonic TX-P65VT20-B extra 65 compared to the 60 inches of the pioneer however no set price yet... Looks like its going to be £4k+ on pre-order.

If I can get the Pioneer and Speaker that attaches to the underneath for £3k then its a no brainer really or is it :confused:

Hopefully by the end of the month, im going to hold out for a bit, as its the last pioneer if it sells then I will probably never end up with a Pioneer plasma but if no ones buys it hopefully it will go down in price even more or on the flip side VAT gets increased and I pay a bit more :s

I wanna see a 3d demo to see if the sets are worth the extra money, apprantly even the lastest panny dont touch the gen 9 kuros so shall see what happens.

The question is what type of 3D content will you want to watch should it prove to be a massive hit in the coming year. For me it would be sport so I'd need to have the main display as 3D ready if I were spending big bucks. How about a compromise in a £1500 50" 3D TV and see how it goes?

Tell you what though, if I have to sit through games wearing those awful glasses I'm going to pass. I get just as much enjoyment, if not more listening to sport on the radio where my imagination gives the best picture of all.

Based on PQ the Pioneer probably has no rivals, the Panny's are still a year or off catching up and that's if more money is pumped into R&D in the coming years. With hard times ahead, could this turn into 3 or 4 years?

Tough call mate, stick out for as long as you can.

This didn't really help did it lol?

To be fair I watch very little sports and have very little time for TV in general lol but have to buy a TV which suits everyone else in the house. Speaking to some other people and reading on avforums it seem as though the Pioneer is still the one I want to go for.

The only thing newer models have to have offer is Freesat/Freeview HD tuners which I dont need and 3D ready which I definitely dont need unless you can watch 3D content without the need of glasses.

I'm not a big fan of LED TV's Bally, aside from being aesthetically pleasing they haven't really improved upon the PQ that a decent plasma can produce.

So far as Sony goes, you pay an extra 15% premium just for the badge which sucks! I haven't seen that TV in person though, it could have been on show at Grand Designs but I didn't really see a display that grabbed me.

Got any demo's lined up? The Pioneer has got to be favorite, the second hand price over at AVforums is around the £3k mark, same the the price that you have been offered. If they offer it at £2700 or less I'd jump in head first.

The only benefit over of the Sony is its cheaper, theres £150 trade in and I can get 10% off comet vouchers. Other than that its the Pioneer if its still available when im ready to purchase TV which will be July/August.

The Pioneer will be long gone by then, you could probably pick a SH one for around £2.5k by then.

How will you be mounting the TV, floating wall or anything like that?

On a more urgent note is your AV cabling sorted? Have you considered running XLR cables just in case you decide to make the switch to an active setup? (In which case power cables are needed to each speaker as well)

Will be mounting on Floating Wall :D oh crap that reminds me about XLR cables never knew what it was until I looked at my 5.1 PC speakers going to need one extenstion cable for the front right speaker that connects to the sub.

I think I might pass on the Pioneer and get the Sony KDL-60EX703U we will see a bit closer to the time I think... Got new credit card coming with 12months interests free so will start buying av equipment soon as thats gonna need wiring up.

Will be mounting on Floating Wall :D oh crap that reminds me about XLR cables never knew what it was until I looked at my 5.1 PC speakers going to need one extenstion cable for the front right speaker that connects to the sub.

I've just finished my run of XLR cables. I kept the XLR runs to the downstairs lounge and upstairs games room where I've run 3 XLR's for the front 3 speakers and an additional two to connect to my Benchmark DAC. This way I save money by not having to buy a dedicated amp for 2 channel audio and have XLR connectivity should I decide to go active at a later date for 5.1. If you can, why not just hard wire the spurs rather than run extension cables? it would make sense as you're at first fix.

I added the odd RS232 cable as well, just just in case, it's like wearing two condoms when doing a hoe ;)

Back