Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

iPod A story of itouch woe!!

w851pm7

Inactive User
Grrrrr!!!!*****
I decided that for a christmas treat for me, I would invest in an ipod touch, to explore what treats I could exploit and spend many happy hours listening and watching my favorite music photos and films. That was on the 17th Dec.
Skipped home with my new toy!
Downloaded itunes onto my Sony laptop!
Plugged in my new ipod touch, yeah cooking!!!
Woe..... whats this? New software is available, please update your ipod and download software version 2.2!
Okay, that sounds good, here we go!
Software downloads great, updates ipod with software (yippi-doo!). Updating firmware........ Everything goes blank, Phils ipod folder in Itunes disappears! ipod switches itself off, and thats it!!! Dead! ipod won't switch on, won't reset and even my laptop no longer recognises the device. Oh pooh!!!

Ipod is now in the process of being 'repaired' by Apple, hopefully complete with the latest firmware version installed. But I still dont know what I did wrong! I mean, if in future a later version of firmware is made available, am I going to go through the same again?

So in summary, bought the ipod on the 18th Dec, screwed it up on the 19th Dec and its not due back from Apple to the new year, and as yet I have not even used it!!!

Do you know where I went wrong???

rergards,
P***ed off Phil!!!!

Shit happens.

And to make it worse, you didnt even need that update - I think it is the one you pay for...

I got an iTouch too, updated no probs. The problem I have is I can't get near it for my missus playing games on it and it was her that bought me the feckin' thing :)

mmm i think i would have got the apple shop to do the update, the saying is "once bitten twice shy"

Back