A new spider model out!!

its wi-fi and under £100

and its wi-fi!!

found this info, thanks to @merlin. regards mdt

spiderbox 6000hd

PVR ready (via USB) HDTV/digital satellite receiver with 6000 channel capacity plus WiFi built-in!
• Digital Satellite Receiver
• DVB-S/S2 Digital Compliant
• QPSK, 8PSK Compliant
• Satellite / TP / Network / Blind Scan
• 6000 TV / Radio Channels
• 100 Satellite Capacity
• 22KHz Switching Control
• Switch Control v. 1.0, 1.1
• Digital Audio Decoding / Pass-through
• Full HD (1080p), 1080i, 720p, 480p
• EPG Electronic Program Guide 7 Days
• Digital Video Recorder Ready (with optional external drive)
• Record Channel, Watch Channel
• 8 Programmable Event Timers
• Media Player Support
• Parental Control
• English, Multi-language OSD/GUI
• Manual Firmware / Channel Update by USB
• RS-232 Serial port for advanced access
• IR Remote Control
• 12VDC external power supply
• Network support by Ethernet & WiFi
• YOUTUBE & Weather support
• One smart card slot
• Dolby Digital plus

Last edited:
Info still a bit sketchy so far with many unanswered questions.
Evidently the IKS patch can be downloaded from the other site.
It's also rumoured that it will accept one sealion - a big letdown if it's true - and what about N-lines?

when i 1st read the posts about this new spider i thought wow,,
but as the previous poster mentioned,,1 sea lion 6000 channels only..
and i wouldnt go the IKS route....
there was once a free gift and that was stopped ,, !!!!!

when i 1st read the posts about this new spider i thought wow,,
but as the previous poster mentioned,,1 sea lion 6000 channels only..
and i wouldnt go the IKS route....
there was once a free gift and that was stopped ,, !!!!!

My free gift worked for three years so I cant complain, it was only ever intended to last for one year and serve as a stepping stone into sharing.
As for posts that this receiver only accepts 1 line then posts made by members who don't have this receiver should be be taken with a packet of salt.
These are early days for a new receiver so lets give it a little time before starting to criticize a receiver that as far as I know very few own or know the real details of what it can do.

Also this model has external PSU which should make it easy to purchase replacement for any future failure.
The sb9000 has internal psu.

As for posts that this receiver only accepts 1 line then posts made by members who don't have this receiver should be be taken with a packet of salt.

To be fair I was only reporting what I'd read elsewhere and very careful to say:

"t's also rumoured that it will accept one sealion - a big letdown if it's true.."

To be fair I was only reporting what I'd read elsewhere and very careful to say:

"t's also rumoured that it will accept one sealion - a big letdown if it's true.."

This is the problem, these guesses get started by someone guessing and if repeated enough times become accepted as true, the truth is it accepts 8 lines.

It does have an external power supply which in my mind means a lower internal operating temperature and as said above a fairly inexpensive replacement.

Last edited:
Jimmy , a question plz ( if u know)..
with my spider 9000HD i have a external Hard drive plugged into the rear usb port of the receiver.
It would seem the new spider 6000 does not have a rear usb port..
do you recon there is one in the front ,, in order to record something???

SORRY also ,, do u recon it would need a patch put on,,,
well the spider 9000hd did..in order to get a full menu .

If you Google spiderbox /smartbox HD6000 review, someone has posted a review on another forum. Regards, Colby.

Not being a massive spider fan but what does this do that something like an F3/F5 cannot do that makes it in some places nearer £55 dearer, looking at the pictures the Spider 6000 from certain suppliers comes with 'Gift' so i assume thats what the extra money is for and the smartbox 6000 is just in a different skin

If you Google spiderbox /smartbox HD6000 review, someone has posted a review on another forum. Regards, Colby.

1. many thanks.. yes has a usb port2.
and to the other poster im a spider fan,,

Jimmy , a question plz ( if u know)..
with my spider 9000HD i have a external Hard drive plugged into the rear usb port of the receiver.
It would seem the new spider 6000 does not have a rear usb port..
do you recon there is one in the front ,, in order to record something???

Yes there is one on the front.

PLEASE dont shout at me..
BUT i wonder if it would need a patch put on to it..
once out of the box and plugged into the wall and wires connected

Normally my friend a new box will arrive to you already patched (normally) patches are just an original fimware upgraded to cancel out any issues with the box that uses find in the first few months of releasing a new box as theyre are normally a few issues with any new idea so my answer would be yes and to all my friends who have posted here if spider people give the support as they always have done and it supports the vasiks patch and duie to spiders superior picture quality it will be replacing my f3 sooner rather than later

Brin

Brin i asked about patched , as on my spider 9000hd some time back now ( a year).. there was a patch update that was required for the menu,,,
it had new things on it like " client services"!! and the lay out was diffrent,,
I did initially use a channel list... but i found it so messy that now i just add/delete manually...

Hi mate this will only be needed if u want to use vasiks gift most of the menus are factory set but are hidden to hide the full potential of the box

heres a photo, its supposed to have a free iks gift included so ive just been told... its the same as a smartbox 6000hd, available for £89 regards mdt

Attachments

• spiderboxhd6000.jpg
    spiderboxhd6000.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 15
  • SpiderBox Patch IKS_s_326su.img.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back