A couple of newbie questions :)

Dkstyle

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have't been using DM 800HD for 3 years, so I am having a bit of problems remembering everything :)

I have a Nabiliosat V 0.11 image on the box now, but would like to update it to 0.12 or some other image.

1st question:

I know how to flash the image, but when I flash a new image, will I then have to re-install everything (channel search, tuner configs, cam installs and so on) ?? Or is there something I have to back up first, before flashing a new image ?

2nd question:

I often see in guides people writing about using the yellow and blue button on the remote for access to different set-up menus. But on my remote the blue and yellow buttons seems to be assigned to time shift recording ?? Is that normal, or something I can change ? Since at the moment I have no idea how to change the cam, since from what I read, that is normally done from a menu, you access with yellow or blue button(?).

Thanks in advance.

Hmm.. 80 views and nobody have been able to answer my 2 newbie questions - maybe I am not that newbie afterall, if they are that though :) If someone could help with an answer to just question 1 then, since I would really like to flash a new image on the box, but i'm a bit scared that all the current tuner configs/channels settings will get erased. So I need to know if I must to do some sort of backup/restore of certain settings, when doing a new image flash.

Hi Guys,

I have't been using DM 800HD for 3 years, so I am having a bit of problems remembering everything :)

I have a Nabiliosat V 0.11 image on the box now, but would like to update it to 0.12 or some other image.

1st question:

I know how to flash the image, but when I flash a new image, will I then have to re-install everything (channel search, tuner configs, cam installs and so on) ?? Or is there something I have to back up first, before flashing a new image ?

2nd question:

I often see in guides people writing about using the yellow and blue button on the remote for access to different set-up menus. But on my remote the blue and yellow buttons seems to be assigned to time shift recording ?? Is that normal, or something I can change ? Since at the moment I have no idea how to change the cam, since from what I read, that is normally done from a menu, you access with yellow or blue button(?).

Thanks in advance.

Nabilo 1.2 is a very old image to you need to really update it and use a recent image. You don't say if your 800 is a clone or real box, this will help members to advice on the image to use.

Yes you loose all your settings and as Nabilo is oe1.5 any backups you try make of the setting will be usless, just backup your emu config and channel settings that will be all you can do.

Yellow button and timeshift are normal.

Nabilo 1.2 is a very old image to you need to really update it and use a recent image. You don't say if your 800 is a clone or real box, this will help members to advice on the image to use.

Yes you loose all your settings and as Nabilo is oe1.5 any backups you try make of the setting will be usless, just backup your emu config and channel settings that will be all you can do.

Yellow button and timeshift are normal.

Thanks for your reply. My 800 HD PVR is a real box.

Hmm ok, so I want to upgrade to Openpli 3.0.

Channel settings I have a copy of in dreambox edit, so that should be ok ? How do I copy and restore emu config ? and what happens if I do not ?

Yeah your DBE backup will be fine.

What emu do you have ? most are found in the ect folder. Do you have CS share if you do and you don't backup the emu comfig and have no copies or details youll loose them.

Yeah your DBE backup will be fine.

What emu do you have ? most are found in the ect folder. Do you have CS share if you do and you don't backup the emu comfig and have no copies or details youll loose them.

Yes, using CS.. I made a copy of the cccam.cfg also now.. Only have cccam 2.0.11 on the box, so will need a newer version of that anyway..

But I guess I can now just install the openpli 3.0 image, and then ftp cccam.cfg and TV bouquets back after flash of new image ?

What about the channels, do I need to rescan all satelittes again after flash ?

Thanks for your help!

Yes, using CS.. I made a copy of the cccam.cfg also now.. Only have cccam 2.0.11 on the box, so will need a newer version of that anyway..

But I guess I can now just install the openpli 3.0 image, and then ftp cccam.cfg and TV bouquets back after flash of new image ?

What about the channels, do I need to rescan all satelittes again after flash ?

Thanks for your help!

You can use a newer version of CCcam yeah, no need to resan sats just send in your backed up setting install a CCcam version the ftp your cfg back in.

Worked out great.. After flashing the Openpli image, during set-up, I actually was given the option to restore my earlier backed up settings. So after I answered yes to that, I only had to ftp the cccam.cfg back, and all settings was like with earlier image.

Thanks for the help Ferret :)

Back