800 power supply

marra

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi can anyone recomend some where to get a dm800 replacement power supply the model i have is th 12v 3amp one
model no: DVE DSA-36W-12 36
cheers any help would be great, cheers.

have a look on ebay mate iv seen a few for the 500's im sure they'll be some for the 800, worth a look anyway!

cheers for the reply mate im not sure wether to go with a 4amp i did try my dm500 12v 2a but it fried that over night so i figure if i get a 3amp i cant go wrong lol i dont know much about electrics i wouldnt mind getting a legit dm800 psu from dream but i cant find them but im at the point now that i just want it on i do have another dm500 psu which does power the box but i dont want to chance frying that one too, thanks again for the reply m8.

I'm just using a 500c supply in mine, just couldn't be annoyed switching it round when I converted. Been going well for months.

tbh im tempted try the other 500 psu im begining to think the other 500 one blowing could of just been coincidence but ive also read the clone psu's might not be as good, is anyone else using a 500 12v 2amp psu with a 800 clone, cheers.

I am as well as other people from what I've read in the past in other forums. The one that came with my clone (3Amp) was dead after 3 months. From then on I've been using a 500 (2Amp) spare that I had and it's working fine. But if it fries the second one of your's then I think there's something wrong with the box.
You shouldn't be afraid of buying the 4Amp one. It's better than the 3Amp one as the more Amps the power supply can provide the better. It won't harm your DM at all. The Amp marking means that it can provide the requested Amps if and when needed and not that it provides them anyway and burns the device.

Last edited:
FoRMat MaSTer is correct in saying the 4amp version will be ok. The box will only take what it requires from the psu and the power consumption is 15 watts @ 12volts = 1.25 amps (hence the 2 amp version they supply).

I suspect that your faulty psu is probably of chinese manufacture and that it does not live up to the job, maybe poor choice of diodes, or other components, were chosen in its design. But that does not exclude that you might well have a problem with the box drawing to much current from the psu.

Last edited:
FoRMat MaSTer is correct in saying the 4amp version will be ok. The box will only take what it requires from the psu and the power consumption is 15 watts @ 12volts = 1.25 amps (hence the 2 amp version they supply).

I suspect that your faulty psu is probably of chinese manufacture and that it does not live up to the job, maybe poor choice of diodes, or other components, were chosen in its design. But that does not exclude that you might well have a problem with the box drawing to much current from the psu.

thanks for the reply mate good timing i was just reporting back well i bit the bullet and put the last 500 2amp on the box and its been running for 2 days now no problems touch wood if anything the box seems to be working better but that could be because i went back to my dm500 for a couple of days, i think i may order a 4amp one then and change them over its been working for 2 days now and ive had no problems so im pretty sure its not the box now, time to look into these ferrari sims now. cheers everyone.

Last edited:
Back