7000HD issues - can anyone help

dilpz

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi,

A family member has a 7000HD that is connected to a private C*Cam server that has around 6-8 clients. Other boxes that connect up to the server are fine but this 7000HD keeps on disconnecting from the server showing a scrambled channel message every 10 minutes or so. They can only get it back by rebooting it.

I have set up continuous pings to the box, LAN/WAN gateways and these have carried on pinging even when the box disconnects suggesting the LAN/WAN is fine. The server is also ok as all the other clients have no problems. In the past when this has occured I tried applying the following patches:

Spiderbox_HD_7000_0827_K.zip
Spiderbox_HD_7000_0830_K.zip

followed by a factory reset which seems to cure the issue for a few weeks only for it to return. It is really bad at the moment, cutting out every 10 mins or so, and even reapplying the patch hasnt worked. The box is on a fixed LAN IP, has a stable link to the WAN but still, C*Cam looks to be very unstable on it. Is there anything anyone can suggest to try to begin to sort the issue out? I've tried asking from their official forum but have just had my thread locked and told to clear off. Unbelievable!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi Mate,

Its going through a Tenda router (cheap ebuyer jobby). Previous to this it was going through a D-Link DI-624 which I changed from as I thought it was causing the issue but no cigar unfortunatly. Weird thing is, the issue has only started over the past couple of days, it has been fine for months (albeit sometimes scrappy) before this so dont understand whats going on or what I can check. Its gotta be the CAM though as all other bits check out.

i could maybe try the d link again and see if it makes a difference. Any specific settings I should be looking at?

The D-Link 624 is an excellent router I've used them myself. As above it would seem to be a setup problem I'm using CCCam all the time and don't have this problem.
In your position I would look at the router setup and if I could not find an obvious reason then I would start from a fresh installation.
By this I mean back up my channel list install the latest patch, factory reset (most important that), reinstall the channel list, set UCAS to on enable the Network and install the latest softkey.
Now you know your Spiderbox is setup check if the problem has gone, if not then it must be in the router settings.

Hi,

Other boxes that connect up to the server are fine but this 7000HD keeps on disconnecting from the server

I've tried asking from their official forum but have just had my thread locked and told to clear off. Unbelievable!

that says it all imo!,i had the same problem with a 9000hd, got rid of mine. regards mdt

@dilpz can you tell me which version of CCCam you are using, press info twice and it will be on the screen.
I'm using 2.1.1

Hi mate it's 2.1.3.is there a guide anywhere on how to install from scratch?also when I bought the box I was told I had to install the patches in order which I have done several times.is this right or do all patches contain all the previous patches meaning i only ever have to install the latest?

You only need to install the latest patch, not knowing the history of your patching this is what I would do in your place.

Save my channel list.
Install the latest patch.
Do a factory reset (very necessary).
Reinstall the channel list.
Enable both UCAS and Network.
Install the latest softcam.

It might seem a lot to do but I can do all the above in under six minutes straight out of the box.
If you get stuck send me a PM and I will try to help but the above should get you running.

P.S. Do use the correct patch for your receiver, mistakes can take some time to rectify!!

Last edited:
Hi m8,

When u say install the latest softcam I thought these were integrated onto the patches and werent available as separate installs? This is a 7000hd.am I missing something?in terms of the patch history I've pretty much installed every patch from the darkmania v2 patch onwards and then I've tried this over and over whenever I've had issues.

Thanks for ur help with this m8.really appreciate it.

There is normally a new softkey (softcam) posted whenever there is a key change for example Bulsat keys on Hellas sat 39E. I view these channels a lot and the keys change ~8-10 days.

Now when it comes to patching I do a factory reset after every patch, I know not all patches need a factory reset but some do so I do it every time "just in case".
As I said the whole process takes (about five minutes in honesty) and I know the receiver is in the best possible state, but that's just the way I do things, I'd rather spend about three minutes more and do the job correctly (to my mind) even if the patch did not specify the factory reset.
Again I am using CCCam 2.1.1 without the sort of problem you are having (I'm using a 9000 combo but that makes no difference).

One other thing comes to mind try disabling the Service+ to see if this makes a difference, menu, accessory, Network OK, select Service+ OK, set Type to OFF and exit back to the viewing screen.

Thx mate.ok I'll follow ur instructions n give it all a go.will report back.

What router is it?
if it's a netgear theres known problems that can be sorted.
Hi.
I'm Having the same trouble with my SB7000Hd. It glitchs now and again. I am uusing a private server. I contacted my supplier. He said that his box was working OK. I am using a Netgear router. Can u help, please.
Peabody

By Skytel
Find the Mac address from the spiderbox
now you need to press the add button then add the spiderbox MAC address
and a ip address that is within range and is not being used by any other device-save
once done put your network on the spider to auto and save
reboot the spider
you should now be connected

Back