500 ritek printable cd-r for £5.99 !!...........

i got an email saying OUT OF STOCK like wtf? are they like n00bs or something? i swear to god im not happy ;p its frustrating i got a refund like but i might just deface wcwmedia for all the peeps who think wcwmedia are a bunch of robbing c%^z :D

Recieved email and refund.

Ah well, some you win some you lose.

They would have lost a packet if they had to pay out on the orders on this forum and goodness knows what others.

This is the email I received:
Dear Customer
Thank you for placing your order for the CD Box Set.
Unfortunately, there was an accidental error on the price shown during the period from Thursday evening, 13th October 2005 and 9am on Monday 17th October 2005.
The correct price for the box set is £54.99.
In the circumstances, we regret that we are unable to accept your order at the advertised price of £5.99. We have refunded your payment to your account.
We apologise for the fact that, due to the huge volume of calls and enquiries received, we have been unable to contact you personally before today, and for any inconvenience caused to you.
Yours truly,
WCW MEDIA

i would e-mail back and say sorry u advertised them at that price
and i bought them in good faith
i expect you to honour the deal and look forward to the cd box set
if not i will seek legal advice

they fooked up by not having a disclaimer in there terms and conditions

surely if theyve told some peopleits out of stock and others its a misprice they have contradicted themselves enuogh to cause problems

my reply

sorry to hear about your mistake you have made on the website but as i bought them in good faith and you have deducted money from my account then holding it in you bank account for the best part of a week i believe you have broken the terms of sale i look forward to my cdr-s and dvds arriving promptly as trading standards will be informed as what can only be described of false advertising due to you having no disclaimer on you website and the fact you tendered the price of the item i accepted the price and the sale was finished ie you accepting my money then i have purchased said items if you had not taken my money from my account then you would be in full right to cancel my order.
here is the delivery adress for the cdrs & dvds which were bought and paid for
yours

matt parker

DOOBIE said:
my reply
sorry to hear about your mistake you have made on the website but as i bought them in good faith and you have deducted money from my account then holding it in you bank account for the best part of a week i believe you have broken the terms of sale i look forward to my cdr-s and dvds arriving promptly as trading standards will be informed as what can only be described of false advertising due to you having no disclaimer on you website and the fact you tendered the price of the item i accepted the price and the sale was finished ie you accepting my money then i have purchased said items if you had not taken my money from my account then you would be in full right to cancel my order.
here is the delivery adress for the cdrs & dvds which were bought and paid for
yours
matt parker

Nice reply keep us posted on their response.

will get an email back saying tough problably just thought it might make em think wont get them tho :(

and here is there reply alot quicker than letting me know i wasnt getting them lol

:Dear Customer

Unfortunately, there was an accidental error on the price shown during the
period from Friday evening, 14th October 2005 and 9am on Monday 17th October

In the circumstances, we regret that we are unable to accept your order at
the advertised price of £5.99. We have refunded your payment to your
account.

Whilst we accept that an error was made, and whilst we regret any
inconvenience caused to you, we are unable to supply the box set at the
price of £5.99.

We do not accept that we are in any way obliged to supply at the advertised
price. The advertisement is simply what is known legally as "an invitation
to treat". For a binding contract to exist, there must be an "offer" which
is "accepted".

The "offer" in the legal sense of the word, is your order. This can be
either accepted or rejected by ourselves.

In this instance, in light of the pricing error, the order has been
rejected, and as a result no contract exists.

We apologise for the fact that, due to the huge volume of calls and
enquiries received, we have been unable to contact you personally before
today, and for any inconvenience caused to you.

the feckers stick to svp

Doobie, I hope you contact trading standards about this. If this was in a shop where they had mispriced an item they have to honour the price. GO DOOBIE!!

dodger said:
Doobie, I hope you contact trading standards about this. If this was in a shop where they had mispriced an item they have to honour the price. GO DOOBIE!!

i think youll find that they dont, most shops think that you do or do it as a gesture of good will, but legally it is as said above "an invitation to treat".

i went to the unit this morning in trafford park and bought some dvd-r's and i wanted to say something to them about the false advertising, but i got my refund to my card so left it.

oh well, you win some, you lose some, and this one, we lost.

When ordering I was'nt expecting them to send me anything.

to be honest i was not expecting the cdrs (homebase tv ) just thought a reply was justified but i am still pi$$ed that they refunded the full amount and didnt send my dvds which was the whole point of ordering lol if everbody who orders from them change to a different media suppier they will learn there lesson :)

I heard nothing so I sent them an email this is the reply I got

Dear Customer

Unfortunately, there was an accidental error on the price shown during the period from Thursday evening, 13th October 2005 and 9am on Monday 17th October 2005.

In the circumstances, we regret that we are unable to accept your order at the advertised price of £5.99. We have refunded your payment to your account.

We apologise for the fact that, due to the huge volume of calls and enquiries received, we have been unable to contact you personally before today, and for any inconvenience caused to you.

Yours truly,

WCW MEDIA

so they admited it was a pricing error ;)

Back