4000 won't update help please

nilrem

Inactive User
Reaction score
Chaps I live in Solent area ex c&w , we had a major transponder re-shuffle last week and a mate of mines 4000 that was prev working now only gets FTA.

I have done another mosc and fun and deffo have right bk & ird but channels won't clear.

The only unusal thing is that the box is running old software P3.53.25h.CR1.

I have removed the battery and the link and reset net id to 09999 then used netid setter to get it back to 41042 but the box refuses to update the software and just comes back on with FTA.

Any idea's please before I chuck this piece of s**t out the window please?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Through past experience nilrem I would say that your box will not update. It is my thought that no Pace will update unless it has 3_6 or 3_5 already applied.

This update was onstream for a very long time, long enough to update every subscibed box. I'm in a "pure" area but have never successfully updated in the last 6 months any Pace or Samsung 2100 from any software older than 3_5.

Chookey

Cheers mate thought I was going mad ...rep added

Chaps I live in Solent area ex c&w , we had a major transponder re-shuffle last week and a mate of mines 4000 that was prev working now only gets FTA.

I have done another mosc and fun and deffo have right bk & ird but channels won't clear.

The only unusal thing is that the box is running old software P3.53.25h.CR1.

I have removed the battery and the link and reset net id to 09999 then used netid setter to get it back to 41042 but the box refuses to update the software and just comes back on with FTA.

Any idea's please before I chuck this piece of s**t out the window please?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

youve tried everything apart from checking if the resistors are missing near the sam/tosh chip m8.......its obvious this box has had the noupdate mod done at some point in the past

im not saying chookey is wrong but you can't assume cr1 wont update in excw because it wont in pure, until you replace the resistors and try it

youve tried everything apart from checking if the resistors are missing near the sam/tosh chip m8.......its obvious this box has had the noupdate mod done at some point in the past

im not saying chookey is wrong but you can't assume cr1 wont update in excw because it wont in pure, until you replace the resistors and try it

benny mate do you know the number of the resistors or roughly where they are , there are a few sammy chips on there and it's like a needle in a haystack mate :)

Cheers

benny mate do you know the number of the resistors or roughly where they are , there are a few sammy chips on there and it's like a needle in a haystack mate :)

Cheers

this should give you an idea m8.......

Back