CCcam & Commander 14.6 Please help

Bytor666

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello.

I've been trying all day to get CCcam to run on commander 14.6. Ive tried what Ive read on here...ie back-up cccam & cccam.cfg from my original software which is pli jade with inbuilt cccam. For some reason I can backup the cccam.cfg but not the cccam. So ive downloaded cccam 2.14 and put into folder var/bin/emu on commander (which it let me do) but the cccam.cfg says it has gone over into var/etc but it will not show it in dcc to edit it?

When I start the cam through the dreambox it keeps turning itself off and also says cam version na?

Its driving me crazy. Im not very well clued up with this commander program in fact its the first time ive used it. So if anyone can please help and point me in the right direction. I have it running fta channels and I find the enviroment is superb. I have read the read me docs but have followed to the latter and still it goes wrong. I know its probably something stupid im doing or not but I really need to know.

Many Thanks.

I use FlashFXP FTP client myself

you must get the capitalisation right in the file names or it wont work

it must be CCcam and CCcam.cfg

/var/bin/emu/CCcam
/var/etc/CCcam.cfg

Oh and the file in /var/bin/emu/CCcam is just as is... its not CCcam.ppc rename it to just CCcam

hope this helps

Yipeeeee. Thanks very much Digger. I must have had a miss match with the cccam & the cccam.cfg. Its amazing how something & nothing makes so much difference..lol. Right gotta tackle the motorized settings now. Thanks again mate...

OK, I've spent 4 days on this, now getting a tad irritated.
I’m really impressed with Commando 14.6 but I’m having a problem……….

I’ve flashed Commando14.6 onto my DM500 clone, transferred CCcam (which was previously called CCcam.ppc) into /var/bin/cmu and CCcam.cfg into var/etc but I need to know is where does the Cline go? I have transferred my newcam.list file into var/keys but I’m not getting anything other than FTA.
What am I doing wrong?

Cheers (in anticipation!)

If using CCcam,as you are,then lines go into CCcam.cfg,no need for newcamd.list

Thanks wiz.
I've just opened CCcam.cfg with notepad. Lots of text... 99.9% I don't understand. Do I simply delete it all & paste the line in there. Is it that simple? (probably not me thinks ! )

Thanks wiz.
I've just opened CCcam.cfg with notepad. Lots of text... 99.9% I don't understand. Do I simply delete it all & paste the line in there. Is it that simple? (probably not me thinks ! )

You dont need to delete it but it wont do any harm providing your are using the default settings for CCcam i.e ports etc
Just paste your line near the top and restart CCcam

Thanks wiz (again)
That's got it up & running, GREAT! I needed to make a small change to the beginning of the line, (a lucky stab in the dark really) but I now get all of everything.

Well, that’s the rest of today written off then, time to start ‘messing around’ with settings etc.

Thanks again mate!

Thanks wiz (again)
That's got it up & running, GREAT! I needed to make a small change to the beginning of the line, (a lucky stab in the dark really) but I now get all of everything.

Well, that’s the rest of today written off then, time to start ‘messing around’ with settings etc.

Thanks again mate!

No bother m8 glad you are sorted :)

On another note,when edit anything in a Linux environment from windows use a proper editor like ultraedit or PSPad or even notepad++ as normal windows editors sometimes add rogue formatting to Linux files :)

Hello all im trying to use this image also but where do i get CCcam.ppc file from is it somewhere in the image already?

You can pull it out of any other enigma1 image m8

Back