4.3e Softmod Urgent help required. (Newbie)

clivoss

Inactive User
Reaction score
Having followed to the letter MOAMB 4.3e guide.Tried to convert a BlackWii. Loaded files onto System ok and installed Homebrew Channel ok we then continued to try and load BootMii which could only be loaded to IOS as their was no Boot 2 in menu. This tried to write to sd card and failed but I thought it might be on system. Didnt know how to proceed so made exit from installer and found Homebrew installed with option to start BootMii. This produced a black screen instead of Icons as in Guide.
Power down restored Wii and appears to work but with Homebrew channel still in choices.
Please help me get BootMii working so I can make backup of Nand etc before I brick it.
Please spare a bit of your precious time so I can make my Godsons Wii a bit better.
Thanks

you've been a member since last may and only made 3 posts, never tried to help anyone or help any threads or give feedback or anything, but now you have a problem you want all us to help you??????

why couldnt it write to sd card?

are you using a sdhc card by any chance?

Sorry if it appears that way, but my hobby was electronics and Satellite Box Hacking but that has gone very slow recently. So rather than spend even more money on yet another receiver... had to move to Sky Dammit.
Totally new to Wii and really need some guidance please as I have it all on the floor and my Godson will be back tomorrow

i would reformat sd card then put it in the wii and go into settings, make sure the wii see's it.

then i would have another read through the tut and start again.....

i've used it a few times and it's always worked great.

did it say sd card detected?

Dont panic all is good. It will have give you a black screen if it hadnt wrote to the card correctly so this is not a big problem.

As buzzer said format card and make sure its no SDHC. Also make sure the little lock on the side of the card is not on lock so the Wii can write to the SD card

Start again as this wont be a problem. Just miss out the installing homebrew section at the start.

MOAMB

Cant thank you enough for your advice new format with panasonic sd prog did the trick finally have a working softmod wii Phew!!!. Now stuck on how to get hdd working, i have downloded the cfg usb loader pack mentioned in your post and trying to follow installation tutorial. extracted usb files to fat32 hdd . Having copied fioles to sd card are all the installation step 1 1-6 applicable to the 4.3e wii or some of these steps already in place getting a bit woried when i see use ios249 for example ,I dont wish to mess up now. Godsons are loving indiana jones shame i have to return to workmate.
Sorry for all the hassle i am giving you guys.

are u following bro's guide?

what stage exactly are you at?

once you have got your hd working you can rip the game to it in a couple of minutes

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/226384/
This is the tutorial i am using by BRO
Have downloaded files and begun to follow tut
I am starting where it says installation step 1
Have extracted the files to sd card.
Am about to use wad manager and do steps 1-6
But thought i should ask if all these need to be done on the wii 4.3e black.
For example when it mentions ios249 (step 1) is this the same on this wii?
Thanks for helping me

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, do those steps.
that will put the usb channel on r wii

All done as per guide and looks ok.
Have put files onto hdd but i dont have an iso to put on it with pc prog.
How do I copy a disk to hdd

yes m8, start your usb loader channel, then put the indy disk in and press "+" button on the wii remote, the wii will rip the disk to hd all by itself...

I have usb loader config or backup disc channel.
Hard drive plugged into right hand usb when looking from back.
So i presume its the first one but tried pressing + and it briefly went to backup disc channel flickered hdd then nothing much else might have to get a wd passport or similar . Cant get the compatible hdd link to work at my end.
Is the challel with usb symbol and config on it the correct one or am i missing something
Must go out for an hour to feed the wife before she eats me.

put yer disk in the wii

press the config usb channel

it'll say on screen "con usb loader" on the bottom right of screen you will see 3 sets of numbers. summit like v60 247 m222. (make a note of these numbers and post them)
then a blank page because you have no games

when you are on this page press the "+" button on the wii remote.

a box will appear saying summit like "rip from dvd checking disk space

then press "A" to continue or any key tp go back."

you press "A" and the wii will back up the game to your hd.

ps.
if you have your wii flat, the hd plugs into the bottom usb port.

Thanks Buzzer still no luck but my hdd probably just not up to job , doesnt show any numbers just a brief flicker on the led.
Its only a small usb powered chinese controller box with a small laptop drive in it as i had hoped to trial it before spending £50 on a wd passport.
Is there a list of compatible drives floating around as the one i saw somewhere on this forum, the link doesnt appear to work.
You have been great mate and put me straight as it might be simple to me next time but it took some help and prayers this time for sure.
kudos to u

as far as i am aware, you can use any usb hd.
i alway use hd with external p/s/u.

i seen a few posts recommending this.

what the fook is kudos?

ps. if you have a big usb pen lying around, 8gig or more,
u could use that to test...
i think....

Last edited:
Kudos means "fame" and "renown" resulting from an act or achievement. Extending "kudos" to another individual is often done as a praising remark. ...
You certainly deserve it. Thanks again mate I will try that tomorrow perhaps.

Back