iPhone 3gs repair, copper prong, bottom right of logic board

Bk456

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok, I have just did a repair on my iPhone 3gs and although all is working I have snapped the little copper prong off the logic board...I have googled the importance of this prong and it appears it can affect battery performance and signal.

My battery is fine but my signal is not great. I have compared it to my iPhone 4 and definitely is a difference...

Now Im pretty sure the copper prong is in my drawer, if it is, how should I reattach it, can this prong be soldered, I can solder but pretty basic, I would of thought hard rigid metal, solder will have no impact...

And if the copper prong is not there, is there anything I can substitute for....?

I broke one of the prongs underneath the home button on my 3G and i just soldered a blod of solder there,it wasn't brilliant and worked 95% of the time

if you have any desoldering no clean wick you can attach a piece to were the prong was,easy fix

Yes I do have some of that, its kind of braided, will that be ok. Just trying to get a good picture showing how the prong connects to the bezel...

yes m8 that's the stuff make sure you leave it long enough to touch the metal piece on the frame

Back