iPhone iPhone 7 plus not charging

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My daughter's friend has a iPhone 7 plus with a totally wasted screen. She was using it for a while then on top of that it died and won't charge. We tried all known working leads but nothing.
I tried a new screen in it for her as a favour but it won't charge. I then got reading and reading there's a very good chance it's a IC TriStar chip at fault.
Has anyone had this ?. One guy is selling repair service eBay. I'm just wondering if to tackle it myself. I've done plenty of small work but nothing this small. I have all the gear and a decent rework. The problem is, her m8's details are in the phone so she said if my daughter who's eyeing it up can get it fixed she can have it cheap otherwise she'll eventually send it off to apple to get it sorted..
Anyone done this repair or can recmmend someone who can. I was going to try get it fixed then stick it away for crimbo....I know, 8 know tight arse old get .... true :)
Thank you

Turns out the girl who owns the phone had a screen replaced some time ago by some Asian phone repair shop in town.
When they replaced it they've only gone and done "pry damage" lifting cables and did damage to the logic board.
It cost me £40 to get it sorted and a new battery.

The phone lasted about 2 weeks before more problems appeared.

The phone suddenly shut down and crashed. We tried all the usual but nothing it wouldn't charge. I took it back to the shop who repaired it and he said the problem repaired it saying it's something to do with the soldering the charger port.
So after he fixed the charger port (£18) I pick it up and gave it back to my daughter.

Within 10 minutes of her getting it back it was working fine until she opens Snapchat and in that split second , woooosh !! the phone suddenly switches off no warning and wouldn't charge or connect to the PC.
I then takes it back to the repair shop and he puts it on his power port gizmo checker and checks and it's kicking out nil power, in his words 0.05 or something which is nothing so I left it with him for a week.
He's just messaged me saying he'd charged it up twice and let it drain down twice which took two days a time to drain from a full charge and he cant find anything wrong it.

My question is,
Do you think it's a hardware or a software problem ?,

Possible software glitch or virus ?. He said he put a new battery in first time round so could it be that ? Duff new battery ? even I know some batteries you buy are garbage.
What's the best way to check if it's a possible software issue or virus ?
Any help would be more than welcomed

You can’t beat the original Apple batteries imo but the real problem is the phone may have been damaged by previous repairers. I would at guess say more likely hardware but I am no expert...
Factory reset would rule out virus software issue.

I've wiped it and updated it and told her just to use it standards for a day or two which is asking a lot. If it fooks up again I will replace the battery from a reputable online shop and hope for the best

You can’t beat the original Apple batteries imo but the real problem is the phone may have been damaged by previous repairers. I would at guess say more likely hardware but I am no expert...
Factory reset would rule out virus software issue.
Problem is though avid, 9 out of 10 who sell them claim their original the hardest bit is finding someone who's telling the truth

Back