Macbook Pro Retina 2018 Touchbar = Codwallop

K

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

So, this january i decided that my Macbook Pro 2010 was running a little slow, So i updated the hardware. Fitted 16gb of ram, SSD hard drive and factory reset.

This made the machine rapido.. anyway, i was browsing ebay and saw a 2008 Macbook (white) which was faulty.. thought id give it a go. it arrived and wouldn't charge and was extremly slow.. so to fix the charge issue i diagnosed that the PP Bus G3 hot was not getting power on the power rail.. so i checked the power flex and bam.. £9 later and it was fixed.. fitted an SSD hard drive and upgraded the ram.. fully working and fast Macbook 2008.. i have 2 :D

This is where it gets funny.. i was tampering with my origional pro swapping the memory between that and the Macbook and forgot to remove the battery connector whilst doing so.. oh no.. fried the GPU.. :(

So called my insurance company and they offer to come collect it and have a look.. the next day they came.. few weeks later i received a call saying that the macbook is water damaged and asked how it happened..i cant recall it ever in the 9 years of my having it ever getting wet.. so said bollocks its never been wet,. i said there is the posibility my 1 year old daughter MAY of spilled water on it but cant guarentee that.. (being totally honest).. so she said no problem we'll send you a new one as it is beyond economic repair.. :D

So they sent this Macbook Pro 2018 retina display..

Rants.. WTF Apple.. this is not an upgrade, my 2010 model was similar in spec..

WTF does anyone need 4 Thunderbolt 3 ports for is beyond me??

Cons

No USB ports
Cant upgrade memory (soldered to board)
Cant update CPU (soldered to board)
Had to go out and buy an adapter Thunderbolt > USB (albeit i sat here and paid 99p on aliexpress)

Pro's

Has earphone jack..

WTF apple get a grip

Attachments

• Photo on 14-04-2019 at 21.26.jpg
    Photo on 14-04-2019 at 21.26.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 6
Ill give you a 2012 macbook pro in trade if you want. 😉

From what i read the size of hardware required for the 4 Thunderbolt 3 ports is very little compared to HDMI, Power connection etc... so thats why they use them as they can make laptop far smaller as a result

who are the insurance company that you could get some 9 years old replaced?

Hi, I suppose this is allot thinner and lighter.

My insurance company is churchill.

And i would fix the macbook myself if they given it back.... not to worry, i removed all the upgrades before sending it back.. so might buy another hahaha

Back