3G Dongle Pay As You Go For Free Just Pay £4.95 P+P

To activate the top up card you need to dial 248 on an O2 number and follow the instructions, it's dead easy and all in the little book that came with thw sim, then you just top up the card with £10 and it will work, can take an hour or two but sometimes is almost instant.

Joe

:Cheers: thanks joe i thot it could be done on line.

soz one last thing can u dial from any o2 phone number?? is the top up card for that specific sim?

Last edited:
big thanks all round guys all i need to do now is finish unlocking the dongle.

i also have an o2 e160 dongle does anyone now what settings i need to input to get the ipnone sim to work on that.

big thanks all round guys all i need to do now is finish unlocking the dongle.

i also have an o2 e160 dongle does anyone now what settings i need to input to get the ipnone sim to work on that.

Glad you got it activated mate, I use the top up card rather than the website as I'm not keen on giving card details but that's just me. I presume the e160 will use the same settings, they settings should work with any unlocked dongle.

Joe

Guys

Got it unlocked and got a payg iphone sim. Got it connected with globe connection manager but its only connecting on gprs - any ideas why? Is it due to signal in my area?

C

Brill
Got mine this morning ordered on Tuesday both modem and sim came together
used the free software to unlock and then it just cost
£4.99 modem
£2.79 i phone sim card free bolt on for 12month
£10.00 top up
all in £17.78 speed is quite good for what it is around 1meg !!!
I got it for my touchscreen jukebox pc to add connectivity to it and to take out with laptop so now i can get net mostly anywhere its great !!!
i have banged a mem card in and on that is the connection manager software
ideal for when my cable modem goes off lol
don't really need it but what the hey its good fun took less than 1hour to be up and running
thats reading the thread fully and dl the sw flashing the modem and topping up the card great info contained in this tread thanks to the contributors :Clap::Clap:

brill
got mine this morning ordered on tuesday both modem and sim came together
used the free software to unlock and then it just cost
£4.99 modem
£2.79 i phone sim card free bolt on for 12month
£10.00 top up
all in £17.78 speed is quite good for what it is around 1meg !!!
I got it for my touchscreen jukebox pc to add connectivity to it and to take out with laptop so now i can get net mostly anywhere its great !!!
I have banged a mem card in and on that is the connection manager software
ideal for when my cable modem goes off lol
don't really need it but what the hey its good fun took less than 1hour to be up and running
thats reading the thread fully and dl the sw flashing the modem and topping up the card great info contained in this tread thanks to the contributors :clap::clap:

why do u need the mem card mate?

so he can use it as a usb memory stick / flash drive - its a two in one a broaadband dongle + usb stick

has anyone else encountered this problem, im connected to the internet for 10min, but then after that i have to restart pc. weird
any answers., thanks

has anyone else encountered this problem, im connected to the internet for 10min, but then after that i have to restart pc. weird
any answers., thanks

no had that problem been online with it for over an hr before

any answers., thanks

you could check you power profile for USB devices, turn power saving off.

If any one is interested here is a config file that contains the settings for all the mobile networks, just replace your original netconfig.ini file for this one and all the settings you should need are in there (if not just let me know and I will alter it.
Click here to download it.
For the global connection manager the file is in c:/Program Files/Globe Visibility Connection Manager, not sure where it is for the telstra manager, perhaps someone can post that up?
Anyway let me know if any settings are missing or if any of them don't work and I'll try to sort it.

Joe

Last edited:
Just to let everyone know AK12BBF is the standard code (mentioned previously) you dont have to wait for your confirmation email, you can use the code, make sure its in Block capitals or it wont work,

Standard Email and Googlemail worked for me but my hotmail account didnt.

Anyway let me know if any settings are missing or if any of them don't work and I'll try to sort it.

Joe

Great idea, downloaded.
Found it didn't connect to my o2 payg bb sim (official sim came with an o2 dongle).
Add these to the config for inclusion:

[o2 PAYG BB]
Name=o2 BB
UserName=m-bb.o2.co.uk
UserPass=password
DialNum=*99#
IsAutoGetAPN=1
APN=
IsAutoGetDNS=1
MainDNSaddr=
AltDNSAddr=
IsAutoGetPDP=1
pdpAddr=
pdpType=IP
AuthType=PAP
askUserAndPass=0
SaveuserAndPass=1
IsFactoryDefault=0
DeniEditDelete=0
IsDfault=0

im proably too late for one now . boo hoo. how long u think this hack will last?

Back