3G Dongle Pay As You Go For Free Just Pay £4.95 P+P

Just ordered 1.

Read thru thread about unlocking etc.Now the sim? i've got a 3g sim pay as you go to hand will this suffice?if so do i need some sort of web browsing deal?
Or do i need an iphone sim?these currently £15+ on the bay.

I reckon you will need some sort of internet deal with 3G. The good deal about this was because bolt on internet comes free for a year with an iphone sim........yeah I noticed how they have ramped up the price of the iphone sim. They started at £2 and are now £15.

It's been a while since anyone has posted here but I've read through all 47 pages and still can't get my dongle/sim working properly so I thought I'd ask for help.

I have the Huawei E160 O2 branded dongle which was already unlocked but I have replaced the O2 connection manager software with Mobile Partner.
I have an iPhone sim which I have activated. I've also activated the 'top-up' card.
If I use the settings most commonly recommended here -
Static APN - payandgo.o2.co.uk
User - payandgo
Password - payandgo
Authentication Protocol - PAP

I just get an error message "error 619"

If I change the APN to 'dynamic' I can connect but can't reach any web pages.
The same happens if I use a static APN setting of m-bb.o2.co.uk
or mobile.o2.co.uk
I've tried so many combinations of APN/user/password over the last 24 hours my brain is frazzled!
From this and other forums I've seen users recommend user names of..
mobileweb
02web
and o2bb

and passwords of..
password
Password
vertigo
Vertigo
payandgo
etc

Some give the '619 error' and others let me connect but not reach web pages. I would call o2 tech support but as I don't own an iPhone that's probably not a good idea!
AAAAAARRRGGGHHH!

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
Pete

swampy.....post ur thread in the internet section by starting a new thread. u won't get no help posting it in here

Back