3G Dongle Pay As You Go For Free Just Pay £4.95 P+P

cheers melttc, tried all those, without success. I have just tried again this morning though, and it worked.

Think i've been charged twice on my bank statement, not received any yet but might end up with two of them from one order.
Joy!

Does anyone know what the 'fair use' policy is for the o2 iphone sim, had a look on the o2 site and found diddly.

Well I received my iphone sim, used the topup card to top up £10, left it a few hours, set up the dongle for o2 payg (hope thats right) and connected but can't open any sodding web pages. I've tried 3 different connection managers, global, telstra, and another one and no difference. I can't even open a web page using my adsl connection as long as the dongle is connected to o2. Any ideas anyone?

Joe

Does anyone know what the 'fair use' policy is for the o2 iphone sim, had a look on the o2 site and found diddly.
Apparently its 1GB ... but you can get to 2GB before they get annoyed ....
I think just what i've heard

Might be a stupid question but has anybody ttried these on the PS3 ???????

:dunce:

Any providing its been unlocked, just the o2 sim has 12 months free internet if you get the iphone one ;)

am correct in saying that if you are using a normal o2 pay as you go sim then you are charged for using the internet and that if you use an iphone 3g sim then your are not.

Last edited:
Anyone had any luck getting this to work with Windows 7...says it should work with Vista so presumed it would work with Windows 7 but no luck getting any connection..?

am correct in saying that if you are using a normal o2 pay as you go sim then you are charged for using the internet and that if you use an iphone 3g sim then your are not.

Yep that's right, the iphone sim has 12 months free internet access once it's been activated and topped up with £10, although apparently it only lasts around 7 months.

Joe

i was wondering if someone could help me set it up please

I have unlocked dongle, got an o2 iphone 3g sim and topped this up with £10 put in dongle and in pc. installed telestra manager used the following settings

config filename = o2
dial number = *99#
username = vertigo
password = password
APN = payandgo.o2.co.uk
DNS = 192.113.200.200, 192.113.201.200

but i only get limited connectivity do you know why this is in telestra manager it says connected. is it summat to do with bolt-ons. r the settings above correct

cheerz

i was wondering if someone could help me set it up please

I have unlocked dongle, got an o2 iphone 3g sim and topped this up with £10 put in dongle and in pc. installed telestra manager used the following settings

config filename = o2
dial number = *99#
username = vertigo
password = password
APN = payandgo.o2.co.uk
DNS = 192.113.200.200, 192.113.201.200

but i only get limited connectivity do you know why this is in telestra manager it says connected. is it summat to do with bolt-ons. r the settings above correct

cheerz

How did you top up? if you used the top up card that came with the sim then you need to activate it by dialing 248 on O2and follow the instructions.

I used the username payandgo and I didn't use any DNS settings, everything else is the same as mine.

If none of that works you could check the coverage of your area O2 coverage
Hope it helps

Joe

Back