3G Dongle Pay As You Go For Free Just Pay £4.95 P+P

Replaced C:\Program Files\Globe Visibility Connection Manager\NetConfig.ini with the attached one

Still can't get it to work from home, the dongle is lit up blue (is this the GSM connection?)

Anyway working fine from work :thumbsup: were the dongle is green (3G?)

That seems to be a coverage problem if it works fine at work but not at home.

Joe

Just to let others know, I received the device, but needed to contact them via the phone to confirm the order.

Can someone let me know the settings for connection using an iPhone ( on contract ) and also the settings for the iPhone 3G PAYG sim cards? I'm using the TELSTRA Turbo Connection Software.

Thanks!

BTW The software posted in the thread worked for me :)

All the settings you should need (and anyone else for that matter) are here

Joe

ive bought a iphone 3g sim
and topped it up

ive been trying to add the iphone web bolt on but cant find it nowhere, when i try activate it off the o2 site it says 48 hours but nothing happens

any help

You don't need to add the bolt on, it's already there. You just need to activate the sim card and that should be pretty instant.

i think there is something wrong with my modem, internet works fine for 10mins using globe visibility, after 10mins no intenet pages load
ive tried in 3 different computer and with a o2 iphone sim and also a 3 sim.

Any help Please

That does sound strange, it's as if there some sort of limit on the connection time. I'll look into it and get back to you.

Joe

Can this work with a mac laptop? My son has a mac. is there alternative software as a communications manager to use for this?

Thanks

i think there is something wrong with my modem, internet works fine for 10mins using globe visibility, after 10mins no intenet pages load
ive tried in 3 different computer and with a o2 iphone sim and also a 3 sim.

Any help Please

fisal I can't find any reason for this, the only thing I can suggest is to try reflashing it using the unlock software and see if that makes any difference.

Joe

Last edited:
Can this work with a mac laptop? My son has a mac. is there alternative software as a communications manager to use for this?

Thanks

roycampbell there is mac software here but not knowing anything about macs I don't know if you'll need to do anything else.

Joe

ok guys tried ordering 1 on 2 diferent address .etc

wont let me order it keep rejecting my 2 debit cards

could some 1 order me 1 and i will sort them out???

£10 ??

thanks

fisal I can't find any reason for this, the only thing I can suggest is to try reflashing it using the unlock software and see if that makes any difference.

Joe

even before i unlocked it i was using a 3 sim card in there, and it always stopped working after 10mins or so

thanks for the help

ok guys tried ordering 1 on 2 diferent address .etc

wont let me order it keep rejecting my 2 debit cards

could some 1 order me 1 and i will sort them out???

£10 ??

thanks

have u got it sorted yet or do u want me to do it for u ?

hello guys got a text from o2 saying that if i am not using sim in iphone then i will be disconnected. what is the situation with this. is it possibel to use iphone 3g sim in a normal phone i.2 nokia 6230i

hello guys got a text from o2 saying that if i am not using sim in iphone then i will be disconnected. what is the situation with this. is it possibel to use iphone 3g sim in a normal phone i.2 nokia 6230i

You should be able to use it any o2 or unlocked phone, I've used mine in a samsung e350 to send texts and it works fine. I'm sending myself a couple of texts a week, hopefuly that will be enough.

Joe

is the text from o2 regarding not using sim in iphone 3G just a scare tactic. and they cant really find out whether you are using in iphone or not

I have attached some screenshots of how to 'disable' the autorun cd feature of the stick, the reason for this is that it allows you to use alternative connection softare ie Telstra or even if you wish to install/use this on a different OS ie Linux.

This has worked for me on this particular model that has been downgraded to the 626 model (from the original 627)

Follow the steps at your own risk - you need to use WinXP

How do,

Just a quicky, has anyone who purchased this dongle dismantled theirs?? reason i ask is my vodafone k3520 has an antenna socket inside which i was going to use to obv plug an antenna into..

Ive just purchased one of these myself as ive found its cheaper than getting my voda unlocked..

Another question does anyone know where to get the internet settings for Manx Pronto?? searched my friend but crap replies...

hi

what are the best sims to use for decent download upload speeds?

hi

what are the best sims to use for decent download upload speeds?

I think most dongles are the same as to speed but are dependant on the quality of the signal in the area that you are in.

I was using a 3 dongle last night with speeds the same as my 8meg broadband. The same dongle had dial up speeds in an area where the signal quality was poor.

how long do these take to arrive.
did you get an order confirmation email.
i ordered one sunday, all the payment went through and confirmed.
but it hasn't arrived, and there is no way i can see to check the order, the page just trys to sell you another, and the code doesnt work as though i have used it already.
maybe just slow delivery, but my mum is bugging me as its for my dads birthday.

Back