250Gig External Hard Drive £23 delivered

The reason this forum works so well is because the members all share info and advice amongst ourselves for our mutual benefit. The original poster could quite conceavably ordered 10 for himself then sold them on ebay or here for a profit. He didn't, therefore we all had the chance to benefit. As a member of this site we all have a responsibilty, especially when someone has been kind enough to help us out, not to shaft fellow members by preventing them from, in this instance, getting one of these bargains.

You may wish to justify your actions by saying your buying for others to save on delivery (arent they cheap enough?!!!), to me its pure and simple greed and i sincerely hope you dont get any.

I agree in that if people mass order in bulk then misprices can be caught. Having said that, loads of single orders in a short period of time can also get noticed. Ive just ordered one hard disk (that is all I need) and told other people about it, but I can understand why clubbing together makes sense, I guess its down to the retailer how they see your bulk order I guess.

If its a misprice then by now, Im sure Dell would of sent emails out.

Good luck to everyone who manages to get one (or more :banana:)

i ordered mine last night and ive still not got any confirmation email just a
Dell Order Acknowledgement‎ and my internet reciept thingy aint working on there tracking page yet, fingers crossed.

Ahh FOOK! Missed out on this one lol but well done to all you who got your orders in. If anyone did happen to buy a spare just in case send me a PM :)

Ahh FOOK! Missed out on this one lol but well done to all you who got your orders in. If anyone did happen to buy a spare just in case send me a PM :)

im sure there is someone a few posts up who misght have a spare 1 or 9 lol

You may wish to justify your actions by saying your buying for others to save on delivery (arent they cheap enough?!!!), to me its pure and simple greed and i sincerely hope you dont get any.

Yadda yadda...

Unlike you, I don't wish people misfortune.

As far as Ext HDD go, these days, I would say anything less than 100GB is a waste of space.

why would you say that? I would only really want to use it to store the most important things to me i.e music (14 gig worth), photos, and maybe a game or 2 and then probably just format the card

missed out too...if anyone finds themselves with a spare/extra and wouldnt mind helping a fellow FM out then send me a PM please

why would you say that? I would only really want to use it to store the most important things to me i.e music (14 gig worth), photos, and maybe a game or 2 and then probably just format the card

I think Shrek probably meant that why pay that for a 60Gb drive when you can get a 250Gb drive for a few shillings more (Or less in this case).

Fair enough you don't need all that space, but if they were a similar price it would be silly not to go for more storage?

Just a thought?

PS: If you google for External HDD's you will see 160 drives for around £35

The 60GB drive is a 2.5inch drive (external portable drive) and powers from the usb port so is more portable if you are to use between home and work or travelling with a laptop

a 250gb portable drives costs around £120

external desktop drives are a lot cheaper however

The 60GB drive is a 2.5inch drive (external portable drive) and powers from the usb port so is more portable if you are to use between home and work or travelling with a laptop

a 250gb portable drives costs around £120

external desktop drives are a lot cheaper however

Thanks Tony, I didn't realise the one you posted was 2.5". I never checked the link :silly:

mine says it is being checked for availabilty!!! With estimated delivery of the 21 August

l gotta date of by Aug 22nd, but when l go to EMEA status to check on order l get this message; "We have located your Order but we cannot advise a status, please contact Dell Customer Service." ls everyone else getting the same, and has anyone actually rung up yet

I get the same thing (original estimated delivery 21st Aug). Just called and the automated phone system says pre-production, estimated delivery 28th Aug. On finally speaking to someone he really couldn't tell me any more, but seemed to indicate it was held up over parts, which rather implies no stock.

Nothing conclusive but I won't hold my breath.

Dear Customer,

We are very sorry – we have had an error in our systems, and the product you thought you were ordering was wrongly described on our website. The product code and price of your order related to a completely different product, and was incorrectly linked to the description of the Iomega Hard Disc Drive you requested. In fact, this is a discontinued product and is no longer in stock.

Due to this, your Dell Order Internet Receipt Number: [IR No] has not been processed, and has now been cancelled.

To place your order for a different Hard Disc Drive, please go to www.dell.com or talk to your sales agent.

We are sorry for the inconvenience that this error has caused, and thank you again for choosing Dell.

Oh well, can't say I'm surprised. Just had an email giving me revised delivery date of 28th lol. No doubt the 'we made a mistake' one will arrive shortly.

Edit:
Yup, there it is

Last edited:
Back