250Gig External Hard Drive £23 delivered

My Order Status
You are here: Dell United Kingdom > Support Home Page

EMEA Order Status

Your order is in Pre-Production Phase: Pre-Production

Pre-Production

We are checking with our suppliers that the items you need are available.

Your order is being processed with our supplier. An estimated ship date will be available once the order has been accepted by our supplier.

Still waiting for the big SOD OFF, does the above mean its not built yet?

Unfortunately your order has not been found.

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, we have been unable to identify your order based on the information you have provided. There are a number of potential reasons why your order has not been located.

Either the IR number or email address used was incorrect.

The order has not yet transferred to our order status system.

If you placed your order online within the past 48 hours, please wait and try again in 24 hours time. This will allow time for the order to load into our online status system.

Lets hope its the latter.

i get this message now

"We have located your Order but we cannot advise a status, please contact Dell Customer Service."

great i think their gonna say it was a mistake now

I ordered at 10:30 this morning. Confirmation came through 20 minutes later with a delivery date of the 22nd :)
Did you check status online though? I got email confirmation last night saying estimated delivery 21st, but the online status reads
Your order is being processed with our supplier. An estimated ship date will be available once the order has been accepted by our supplier.

yeeeeeeeeess its coming:d just rang them they said it will come to you by the 21st. cheers mate for the link

ordered one as well,, with confirmation,,, maybe its not a mistake on thier part and there doing it at this knock down price!!! any comments???

ordered one as well,, with confirmation,,, maybe its not a mistake on thier part and there doing it at this knock down price!!! any comments???
It looks to be a discontinued model, the part number is out of stock everywhere and not listed on Iomega's site, so Dell could be clearing remaining inventory on consignment. In that event the price may well be correct but supply limited.

My most active and helpful post so far :)
Lots of responses and some thanks. Hopefully people get there hard disks.

Wots the netiquette on this site then in terms of adding reps, I see some have ratings. Wonder what people here do to acheive it or give it

Dell seem to do this on a regular basis. I posted THIS THREAD last April and Dell honoured all orders until they ran out. I'm quite sure all those lucky enough to get their orders in will get the HDD's :)

My most active and helpful post so far :)
Lots of responses and some thanks. Hopefully people get there hard disks.

Wots the netiquette on this site then in terms of adding reps, I see some have ratings. Wonder what people here do to acheive it or give it

People will give rep or thanks if they think your post has been useful. It will also go on by what else you post. If you tend to start good threads and post good posts, people will notice and start to add to your rep, thanks or rating. However, you tend not to get it by asking for it? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
damn! Anyone know of any other good deals on external hard drives? Anything over the size of 20 gig or over but looking for cheap, no more than £35, sorry i appreciate this should probably be in the request section.

just come across this one here.............60GB £35 Free Delivery

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Freecom-Mobile-Drive-USB-2-silver/dp/B000GTO9JS/ref=pd_bxgy_ce_img_b/203-1792305-6418308[/ame]

got confirmation of delivery............within next 7days..........looks like there going to honour the order.............fingers crossed

Total rubbish, whether they sold out because of a million transactions or because of one, they sold out in a shorter time than usual. That gets noticed.

maybe,but its people that order more of one item still arouses suspission
10 is just greed
I agree with nara 100%

maybe,but its people that order more of one item still arouses suspission
10 is just greed
I agree with nara 100%

I take it this is now directed at me, because I stated I have ordered 10 units.

Out of those 10, possible 1 or 2 are for me. The rest have been reserved for others, but we clubbed together to make use of the free delivery over £100.

Its not greed, its called common sense. Alas common sense isn't all that common.

I take it this is now directed at me, because I stated I have ordered 10 units.

Out of those 10, possible 1 or 2 are for me. The rest have been reserved for others, but we clubbed together to make use of the free delivery over £100.

Its not greed, its called common sense. Alas common sense isn't all that common.

The reason this forum works so well is because the members all share info and advice amongst ourselves for our mutual benefit. The original poster could quite conceavably ordered 10 for himself then sold them on ebay or here for a profit. He didn't, therefore we all had the chance to benefit. As a member of this site we all have a responsibilty, especially when someone has been kind enough to help us out, not to shaft fellow members by preventing them from, in this instance, getting one of these bargains.

You may wish to justify your actions by saying your buying for others to save on delivery (arent they cheap enough?!!!), to me its pure and simple greed and i sincerely hope you dont get any.

People will give rep or thanks if they think your post has been useful. It will also go on by what else you post. If you tend to start good threads and post good posts, people will notice and start to add to your rep, thanks or rating. However, you tend not to get it by asking for it? ;)

thanks for the tips! :)

Back