• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

2 modems - 1 line ?

darren221980

VIP Member
VIP Member
Hi everyone.

This might sound bit stupid but i'll ask anyway to see if its possible. I've currently got the 10mb service with Virgin (ex telewest) which i have setup on home network for 3 pc's and an xbox 360. I do a lot of downloading so was thinking would it be possible to get another modem off ebay to hack that could still use the internet at a reasonable speed off the same line i've currently got by using a splitter just for the xbox 360?? Therefore stopping the online gaming being affected by downloads i do.

Thanks for any help you guys give me.

gentlex

Inactive User
Hi everyone.

This might sound bit stupid but i'll ask anyway to see if its possible. I've currently got the 10mb service with Virgin (ex telewest) which i have setup on home network for 3 pc's and an xbox 360. I do a lot of downloading so was thinking would it be possible to get another modem off ebay to hack that could still use the internet at a reasonable speed off the same line i've currently got by using a splitter just for the xbox 360?? Therefore stopping the online gaming being affected by downloads i do.

Thanks for any help you guys give me.
i got 2 online as we speak so yes i think u can have up to3 before u start 2 loosing signal quality

darren221980

VIP Member
VIP Member
gentlex - do i need to use anything to stop virgin from finding out i got 2 modems running off 1 line etc?? I've been offered a ntl 250 modem for £10.00 so will get myself the tutorials i think and get it all set up.

gentlex

Inactive User
gentlex - do i need to use anything to stop virgin from finding out i got 2 modems running off 1 line etc?? I've been offered a ntl 250 modem for £10.00 so will get myself the tutorials i think and get it all set up.
u could spoof network card on the pc that will be using the cloned just to be on the safe side

mate you can have as my items on the feed as you want (as long as your sig is good thats is) one time we had 8 modems all on 10mb running 80mb :) we was just messing around was good for dl tho :)