2 boxes uk n spain

leahyt8

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi not sure if tis is being posted in correct forum but was wondering about sky uk and sky in spain,
my mate has a house in spain and a sky box.....
gets freeview, so i tld him to take his sly uk card accross to spain in oct holiday to see if anything else would work (full uk package paid for) he got Cbeebies n other 'freeview stuff - is there a way of cloning his box over there so that when he goes accross he can take card to get his full package??

cheers

T

I don't understand the reference to Freeview, as this is a digital terrestrial service, not received via satellite.

$ky cards are paired to a particular box, meaning that sports and movies can only be viewed through that box. The card can be used to view most other channels on any other box.

(It may be possible to use a Technomate 6900HD Super as a second receiver, inputting the serial number of the $ky box to which the card is married.)

I think he means that he can see the free to air stuff sat channel with his sky box in spain, which is similar to the channel line up on freeview.

I think he means that he can see the free to air stuff sat channel with his sky box in spain, which is similar to the channel line up on freeview.

Yes thats what i mean sorry, free to air on sly
is it possible to pair the serial numbers then u reckon so he can take car over and watch full package?

he could buy a 500s and enter the boxkey from his official box into the 500s via cccam and it would read the card no problem, weather or not he'd get the channels im not sure!

The card should still receive all packages except premium so thats strange.

will the type of box affect that?
he did get additional channels but not his movies and sports

spoke to my mate again, and he got all the cartoons and other packages except movies and sports!
any suggestions??
cheers

Back